Ph.D. Student, Aug. 2012 - present
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Interdisciplinary Center for Network Science and Applications (iCeNSA)
University of Notre Dame
Email: ydong1 [at] nd [dot] edu
Office: 384J Nieuwland Hall of Science (iCeNSA), Notre Dame, IN 46556
I am a 4th-year Ph.D. student in Computer Science and Engineering and Interdisciplinary Center for Network Science and Applications (iCeNSA), University of Notre Dame. My research focuses on social networks, data mining, and computational social science, with an emphasis on applying computational models to addressing problems in large social systems, such as mobile communication, online social media, and academic collaboration.
- Modeling the Interplay Between Individual Behavior and Network Distributions.
Yang Yang, Jie Tang, Yuxiao Dong, Qiaozhu Mei, Reid A. Johnson, Nitesh V. Chawla.
PrePrint 2015, arXiv:1511.02562.
- Can Scientific Impact Be Predicted? data bibtex
Yuxiao Dong§, Reid A. Johnson§, Nitesh V. Chawla. (§Equal Contribution)
TBD 2016 (IEEE Transactions on Big Data), 2016. Full Paper.
- User Modeling in Large Social Networks.
WSDM'16 DC (Proc. of the 9th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining), 2016. Doctoral Consortium, 1 page.
- Will This Paper Increase Your h-index? Scientific Impact Prediction. slides poster data bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Reid A. Johnson, Nitesh V. Chawla.
WSDM'15 (Proc. of the 8th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining), 2015. Full Paper, 16.4%.
Best Paper Award Nomination (4/39)
Featured on Open Science
- Collaboration Signatures Reveal Scientific Impact. slides data bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Reid A. Johnson, Yang Yang, Nitesh V. Chawla.
ASONAM'15 (Proc. of the 2015 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining), 2015. Full Paper, 18%.
- Inferring Unusual Crowd Events From Mobile Phone Call Detail Records. slides bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Fabio Pinelli, Yiannis Gkoufas, Zubair Nabi, Francesco Calabrese, Nitesh V. Chawla.
ECML/PKDD'15 (Proc. of the European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases), 2015. Full Paper, 23%.
- Inferring Social Status and Rich Club Effects in Enterprise Communication Networks. plos supporting info slides bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Jie Tang, Nitesh V. Chawla, Tiancheng Lou, Yang Yang, Bai Wang.
PLoS ONE 2015. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0119446. March 2015. (if2013=3.534).
- Inferring User Demographics and Social Strategies in Mobile Social Networks. slides poster madness code bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Yang Yang, Jie Tang, Yang Yang, Nitesh V. Chawla.
KDD'14 (Proc. of the 20th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining), 2014. Full Paper, 14.6%.
Featured on United Nations Global Pulse Notre Dame News ACM TechNews phys.org
- Predicting Node Degree Centrality with the Node Prominence Profile. scirep supporting info
Yang Yang, Yuxiao Dong, Nitesh V. Chawla.
Scientific Reports 2014. DOI:10.1038/srep07236, November 2014. (if2013=5.078).
Featured on Notre Dame News
- A Link Clustering based Overlapping Community Detection Algorithm. code bibtex
Chuan Shi, Yanan Cai, Di Fu, Yuxiao Dong, Bin Wu.
DKE 2013 (Data & Knowledge Engineering). DOI:10.1016/j.datak.2013.05.004, September 2013. (if2013=1.489).
- A Novel Genetic Algorithm for Overlapping Community Detection. code bibtex
Yanan Cai, Chuan Shi, Yuxiao Dong, Qing Ke, Bin Wu.
ADMA'11 (Proc. of the 7th International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications), 2011.
Best Application Paper Award
- Social and Evolutionary Neuroscience Research Group (SENRG), Oxford University, UK. June 2015.
- International Conference on Computational Social Science (IC2S2 2015 ), Helsinki, Finland. June 2015.
- 2015 Computational Social Science Summit (CSSS 2015), Kellogg, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. May 2015.
- The Main Conference on The Scientific Analysis of Mobile Phone Datasets (NetMob 2015), MIT Media Lab, Boston, MA. April 2015.
- Hesburgh Library, University of Notre Dame, IN. 16 March 2015. (led by R. A. Johnson)