The Fellows of the University are a ”self perpetuating body,“ consisting of six members whom at all times must be "members of the Priests Society of the Congregation of Holy Cross, Indiana Province, and six of whom shall be lay persons." The Fellows are the "successors and associates in office" of the original founders of the University and perform the following duties of office:
- Determine powers to be delegated to the Board of Trustees;
- Elect the Trustees of the University in accordance with the Bylaws;
- Adopt and amend the Bylaws of the University;
- Approve the sale or transfer of substantial parts of the University’s physical property;
- Ensure that the University maintains its essential character as a Catholic institution of higher learning;
- Ensure that the University’s operations make full use of the skills and dedication of the members of the Priests of Holy Cross, Indiana Province, Inc.;
- Ensure that the University "continues its long-standing policy of admitting students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin."
- Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C. - Chair
- Rev. José E. Ahumada F., C.S.C.
- John J. Brennan
- W. Douglas Ford
- William M. Goodyear
- Enrique Hernandez, Jr.
- The Most Rev. Daniel R. Jenky, C.S.C., D.D.
- Rev. James B. King, C.S.C.
- Diana Lewis
- Richard C. Notebaert
- Rev. Thomas O’Hara, C.S.C.
- Rev. Timothy R. Scully, C.S.C.
Read more about the responsibilities of both the Fellows and Board of Trustees.