Submissions are welcome from scholars across the many disciplines that contribute to the study and practice of moral education, including psychology, education, philosophy, sociology, cultural and childhood studies, among others. Plenary sessions and invited symposia will address explicitly the conference theme. We encourage individuals to submit proposals that address the conference theme, although it is not necessary that they do so.
All submissions must be in English using Word.doc format. All proposals must be submitted by Email by May 9, 2008. Proposals received after this date cannot be assured full consideration.
The first author will receive acknowledgement of a submission by email. All proposals will be reviewed by the Executive Board and Officers of the Association. The Program Committee plans to notify first authors of its decisions by May 15, 2008.
Guidelines for Submissions
Proposals must include the following information.
- State the title of your proposal
- Select up to two preferred formats for your presentation:
- Paper Presentation (These are individually submitted proposals that will be grouped thematically by the Program Committee for 75 minute sessions. The Program Committee will assign a chair for these sessions).
- Paper Symposium (Symposia proposals will normally include up to 4 papers organized thematically and a symposium chair, typically the organizer. Discussants are optional but discouraged if it precludes interactions with audience members, and especially if the symposium has 4 speakers).
- Poster Presentations
- Interactive Paper Sessions (Individual submissions will be paired by the Program Committee and assigned to tables for interactive discussion with attendees.)
- Full name, title and affiliation of the first author, along with complete mailing and contact address, including email address and phone number.
- Full name, title and affiliation of all co-authors, including complete mailing address and contact information, including email address and phone number.
- Provide an abstract of up to 100 words. This will be printed in the program.
- Indicate your media needs. Overhead and LCD projectors will be provided. Bring your laptop if you intend to use Powerpoint.
- For review purposes, provide a 500-word summary of your poster or paper. For symposia submissions, provide a 500-word summary of each individual paper along with a 250 word rationale for the symposium as a whole
- Provide the primary disciplinary focus of your paper (e.g., psychology, ethics, education, child studies). If symposium proposals are interdisciplinary, please indicate this in your submission.
- Indicate age-level focus (indicate all that apply)
- PK-12 education
- Post-secondary (university)
- Indicate context focus.
- Provide three keywords to index your presentation
All proposals must be submitted via Email by April 1, 2008 to: email@example.com