Campus Based Scholarship
Campus Based Scholarships are awarded on merit and availability. MS 1 or MS 2 cadets are nominated by the Professor of Military Science and based on the following criteria:
- Excellent GPA – The minimum GPA to apply for a scholarship is a 2.5. However, a 3.0 or greater GPA demonstrates commitment and seriousness to the program and to the academic rigors of college life. Your GPA is the most important factor in determining your status for scholarships and within the ROTC.
- ACT/SAT scores: Although already enrolled in school, your ACT/SAT scores play a significant factor in determining if you will be awarded a campus based scholarship.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math majors (STEMs) have priority. All majors are welcome and encouraged to compete – STEM majors are in high demand and are looked at first for scholarships but the scholarships are not limited just to STEM majors.
- Excellent physical fitness – The Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) consists of two minutes of pushups, two minutes of sit-ups and a two-mile run. The APFT is the base for physical fitness excellence in the ROTC. CLICK HERE to see a video demonstrating proper form for the events.
- Demonstrates aptitude for leadership and military service – Desire to lead and to be a part of the program in the classroom, during lab, field exercises, during school and out of school are the subjective basis for awarding scholarships. The Fightin’ Irish cadres constantly assess and review each scholarship.
- Extracurricular activities/athletics: Sports and leadership positions during your college career demonstrate further the scholar, athlete, leader model of an Army officer and will weigh into awarding a campus based scholarship.
- Availability – Scholarship money is allocated each year and varies from year to year, so apply early and stay in contact. Let us know you are interested.
Scholarship questions should be directed to:
Mr. Adam Henkaline
216 Pasquerilla Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556