Nonscholarship Contracting Opportunities
A great way to combine the benefits of Notre Dame Army ROTC and being enlisted in the National Guard / Army Reserve is the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP). This is a program that allows Army National Guard and Army Reserve enlisted members to participate in the Army ROTC Program while completing college. Upon graduation, these SMP cadets are commissioned as Army 2nd Lieutenants, and can serve on Active Duty, in the Army National Guard or Army Reserves in the state of their choosing.
For Indiana residents, the financial benefits of being an Army National Guard SMP cadet are incredible. Your tuition is covered completely at STATE SCHOOLS and you receive over $1,200 a month (GI Bill, ROTC Stipend and your monthly drill pay).
For more information contact Notre Dame Army ROTC’s National Guard liaison, SSG John O’Donnell for more information on the SMP program. Before meeting with him, please review the information brief here: Notre Dame Army ROTC SMP Brief.
216 Pasquerilla Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556
For a Detailed Powerpoint Slide Show CLICK HERE.
SMP Benefits Snapshot
- 100% tuition for In-State residents if in the Indiana National Guard (STATE SCHOOLS)
- Montgomery GI Bill & Kicker - nearly $700/mo (only if you completed Basic Training and AIT)
- Drill pay as a sergeant $275+/mo
- Annual Training $1,400+/summer
- ROTC Stipend of $350/mo as a Sophomore, $450/mo as a Junior, $500/mo as a Senior (for each month in school)
- Opportunities for developmental schools (Airborne, Air Assault, Mountain Warfare, etc.)
- Hands-on training with National Guard/Army Reserve Units
- Student Loan Repayment Option
- Commissioning Bonus Option
- Earn time in service while a SMP Cadet (which results in more monthly pay for each month while on active duty)