Non-scholarship Contracting Opportunities
A great way to combine the benefits of Notre Dame Army ROTC and being enlisted in the National Guard / Army Reserve is the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP). This is a program that allows Army National Guard and Army Reserve enlisted members to participate in the Army ROTC Program while completing college. Upon graduation, SMP cadets are commissioned as Army 2nd Lieutenants and can serve on Active Duty, in the Army National Guard or Army Reserves in the state of their choosing.
For Indiana residents, the financial benefits of being an Army National Guard SMP cadet are incredible. Your tuition is completely covered at Indiana State Scools and you receive over $1,200 each month through the GI Bill, ROTC Stipend, and monthly drill pay.
For more information, contact Mr. Henkaline. Please review the Notre Dame Army ROTC SMP Brief before making an appointment.
216 Pasquerilla Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556
SMP Benefits Snapshot
- 100% tuition for In-State residents in the Indiana National Guard (State Schools Only)
- Montgomery GI Bill & Kicker - nearly $700/mo (if you completed Basic Training and AIT)
- Drill pay as a sergeant ($275+/mo)
- Annual Training ($1,400+/summer)
- ROTC Stipend of $350/mo as a Sophomore, $450/mo as a Junior, $500/mo as a Senior (for each month in school)
- Opportunities for developmental schools (Airborne, Air Assault, Mountain Warfare, etc.)
- Hands-on training with National Guard/Army Reserve Units
- Student Loan Repayment Option
- Commissioning Bonus Option
- Earn time in service while an SMP Cadet (can result in more monthly pay for each month accrued on active duty)