Your performance throughout ROTC will be evaluated and used to place you on a national order of merit list (OML). This OML will be used to determine your branch. The following is a breakdown of the numbers.
Academic Performance (40%)
- Cumulative GPA through the spring semester of your junior year.
Leadership Program Evaluation (60%)
Leadership Performance (45%)
- Your Order of Merit as established by the Professor of Military Science (PMS) at the end of your junior year. You are ranked against the cadets in the battalion.
- There are points awarded for attending additional military training while in ROTC.
- Points are awarded for certain language courses.
Physical Performance (15%)
- Your performance on the Fall Record Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT).
- Your performance on the Spring Record APFT.
- (1.50) There are points awarded for participation in varsity, intramural, or community sports.