Welcome to the home page of the Bohn
Research Group at the University of Notre Dame.
Thin Film & Interfacial Chemistry
Our interests are in thin film and interfacial
chemistry, generally. We are interested in learning how to actively control the spatial and temporal placement of
molecules on the nanometer length scale, a capability which in
different guises can be important in sensors, molecular separations, and
advanced materials. We are part of the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Notre Dame. We have research labs located in the Stinson-Remick Hall of Engineering and we are active participants in the Advanced Diagnostics and Therapeutics Initiative.
- Larry Gibson's paper is accepted for publication in Interface Focus:
- Gibson, L.R., II; Bohn, P.W. “Non-Aqueous Microchip Electrophoresis for Characterization of Lipid Biomarkers,” Interf. Focus, 2013, in press.
- Jing Zhao and Larry Zaino's paper is accepted for publication in Faraday Discussions:
- Zhao, J.; Zaino, L.P.; Bohn, P.W. “Potential-Dependent Single Molecule Blinking Dynamics for Flavin Adenine Dinucleotide Covalently Immobilized in Zero-Mode Waveguide Array of Working Electrodes,” Faraday Disc. 2013, in press. [DOI 10.1039/C3FD00013C]
- Xuewen Geng, Barrett Duan, and Dane Grismer's paper is accepted for publication in Semiconductor Science & Technology:
- Geng, X.; Duan, B.K.; Grismer, D.A.; Zhao, L.; Bohn, P.W. “Catalyst and Processing Effects on Metal-Assisted Chemical Etching for the Production of Highly Porous GaN,” Semicond. Sci. Technol., 2013, in press.
- Tai-Wei Hwang and Sean Branagan's paper is accepted for publication in JACS:
- Hwang, T.-W.; Branagan, S.P.; Bohn, P.W. “Chemical Noise Produced by Equilibrium Adsorption/Desorption of Surface Pyridine at Au-Ag-Au Bimetallic Atom-Scale Junctions Studied by Fluctuation Spectroscopy," J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, in press. [DOI 10.1021/ja-2013-00567j]
- Lindsay Elliott's paper is accepted for publication in Langmuir:
- Elliott, L.C.C.; Jing, B.; Zhu, Y.; Bohn, P.W.; Fullerton-Shirey, S.K. “Small molecule drug loading and distribution in poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) brushes and its effect on the lower critical solution temperature – a neutron reflectometry study,” Langmuir, 2013, in press. [DOI 10.1021/la305088k]
- Barrett Duan's paper is accepted for publication in Sensors & Acuators A:
- Duan, B.K.; Bohn, P.W. “Response of Nanostructured Pt/GaN Schottky Barriers to Carbon Monoxide,” Sens. Actuat. A, 2013, 194, 220-227. [DOI 10.1016/j.sna.2013.01.026]
- Rachel Masyuko's paper is accepted for publication in Analyst:
- Masyuko, R.; Lanni, E.; Sweedler, J.V.; Bohn, P.W. “Correlated Imaging – A Grand Challenge in Chemical Analysis,” Analyst, 2013, 138, 1924-1939. [DOI 10.1039/C3AN36416J]
- Dr. Bohn is awarded a renewal of his grant "Molecular Aspects of Transport in Thin Films of Controlled Architecture" from the Department of Energy Basic Energy Sciences.
- Larry Gibson and Sean Branagan's paper chosen for the back cover of Small!
- Gibson II, L. R.; Branagan, S.P.; Bohn, P.W. "Convective Delivery of Electroactive Species to Annular Nanoband Electrodes Embedded in Nanocapillary Array Membranes," Small, 2013, 9, 90-97. [DOI 10.1002/smll.201200237]
- Welcome to our new group members, 1st year grad students Erick Foster (chemical engineering dept.), Nameera Baig, and Wei Xu (chemistry dept.)!
- Congratulations to Billy Wichert and Larry Zaino for passing their comprehensive exams!
- Welcome to our new postdoc, Dorothy Ahlf (joint with A. Hummon)!
- Best wishes to our departing postdoc, Barrett Duan in his new position at Tufts University!
- Welcome to 1st year Chemistry grad students Wei Xu and Michelle Pillers doing a rotation in our lab this month!
This website is maintained by Lauren Bohn. If you have any questions regarding the contents or have suggestions for improvements, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
. Last updated 4/1/2013.