Newer | Older | All News
We are pleased to announce release 2.4.3 of the Cooperative Computing
Tools, including Parrot, Chirp, and other tools which may be downloaded here.
Major items in this release:
- New documentation for the Chirp APIs
- Improvements to the Chirp server:
- New support for streaming I/O and server-side FIFOs
- New support for complex path names using RFC 2396 encoding.
- New P right that allows a user only to put new files.
- Improvements to the Chirp clients:
- Strided I/O routines for array access.
- Client interfaces for streaming I/O.
- Improvement to the build flags that make it easier for other programs to compile against Chirp.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes:
- Fixed case where server improperly returns "permission denied" instead of "file not found".es in the server.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - Permalink