Newer | Older | All News
The Cooperative Computing Lab is pleased to announce the release of version 3.7.0 of the Cooperative Computing Tools, including Parrot, Chirp, Makeflow, WorkQueue, SAND, All-Pairs, and other software.
The software may be downloaded here.
This is a minor release which adds numerous features and fixes several bugs:
- [WorkQueue] It is now possible to specify chunks (pieces) of an input file to be used as input for worker tasks. [Dinesh Rajan]
- [Chirp] File extended attributes are now supported. [Patrick Donnelly]
- [Makeflow] New -i switch now outputs pre-execution analysis of Makeflow DAG. [Li Yu]
- [WorkQueue/Makeflow] Support for submitting tasks to the PBS batch submission platform added. [Dinesh Rajan]
- [Makeflow] makeflow_log_parser now ignores comments in Makeflow logs. [Andrew Thrasher]
- [Catalog] New catalog_update which reports information to a catalog server. [Peter Bui, Dinesh Rajan]
- [WorkQueue] Various minor tweaks made to the API. [Li Yu, Dinesh Rajan]
- [Catalog/WorkQueue] Support added for querying workers and tasks at run-time. [Douglas Thain]
- [WorkQueue] Many environment variables removed in favor of option manipulation API. [Li Yu]
- [Makeflow] Deprecated -t option (capacity tolerance) removed.
- [WorkQueue] -W (worker status) now has working_dir and current_time fields.
- [WorkQueue] -T (task status) now reports working_dir, current_time, address_port, submit_to_queue_time, send_input_start_time, execute_cmd_start_time. [Li Yu]
- [WorkQueue] -Q (queue status) now reports working_dir.
- [Makeflow] Input file (dependency) renaming supported with new "->" operator. [Michael Albrecht, Ben Tovar]
- [WorkQueue] work_queue_pool now supports a new -L option to specify a log file. [Li Yu]
- [WorkQueue] Tasks are now killed using SIGKILL.
- [WorkQueue] Protocol based keep-alives added to workers. [Dinesh Rajan]
Thanks goes to the contributors for many minor features and bug fixes:
- Michael Albrecht
- Peter Bui
- Patrick Donnelly
- Brian Du Sell
- Kyle Mulholland
- Dinesh Rajan
- Douglas Thain
- Andrew Thrasher
- Ben Tovar
- Li Yu
Please send any feedback to the CCTools discussion mailing list.
Monday, February 18, 2013 - Permalink