SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT
THE EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT CENTER (ECDC)
Are you looking for a full time summer job that will allow you to~
- work with wonderful young children ages 2 - 9
- engage in fun, recreational, and educational activities with young children
- work in an accredited, nonprofit early childhood program with experienced degreed teachers
- accompany children on field trips, such as swimming lessons, area parks, zoo, gardens and museums
- participate in-house presentations, such as puppet shows, soccer, tennis, music, art, and nature
- work the same hours each week (Monday — Friday) with 40 hours of work guaranteed each week and the opportunity for some overtime work
- increase your understanding of child development and your skill levels with children
- develop a great resume builder, especially for education, psychology, sociology and nursing majors
The Early Childhood Development Center at Saint Mary's College (ECDC-SMC) and the University of Notre Dame (ECDC-ND) is hiring college students to work full time during our upcoming Summer Day Camp program. (Some part time summer positions are available.) All college student summer employees must be available for the entire time period of early June through and including the first week of August.
The ECDC Summer Program typically begins in early June and ends the second week of August. There is also the opportunity to work additional weeks in May and August however, this is not required.
Program Location and Hours:
ECDC-SMC is located in Havican Hall on the campus of Saint Mary's College. ECDC-SMC is open 7:30 — 5:30 Monday — Friday. ECDC-ND is located on the corner of Bulla and Leahy on the Notre Dame campus, across the street from OHara Grace Graduate Residences. ECDC-ND is open 6:30 — 5:30 Monday — Friday.
Working with degreed ECDC teachers and staff to provide project based and recreational activities in ECDC classroom and outside at ECDC environments and in the greater Michiana community. College students participate with the children and teachers in a variety of in-house presentations (e.g., yoga, soccer, tennis, music, art, gardening) as well as off-site field trips for children ages 4 — 9 (e.g., zoo, museums, gardens, parks/nature centers, swimming lessons).
Salary Range and Work Hours:
Positions are typically full time, with hours such as 7:30 — 4:30, 8:00 — 5:00 and 8:35 — 5:35. Wages for the summer program are based on educational background and experience with young children. Beginning salaries are typically $7.25 per hour - $8.50 per hour depending upon education and experience. All college student summer employees must be available for the entire time period of June through the first week of August.
Application and Interview Process:
Please complete the application located at the bottom of this page and submit 3 letters of recommendation.
Interviews with the most qualified applicants will be scheduled for March and April. College students with prior experience with ECDC (e.g., practicum student, volunteer) will be given priority.
Completed application and recommendation letters may be returned to:
1) ECDC-SMC - Kari Alford, Program Director, ECDC at Saint Mary's College, Room 23 Havican Hall Saint Mary's College. Applications may also be sent as an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (574) 284-5344.
2) ECDC-ND — Nikki Zavada, Administrative Assistant, ECDC at Notre Dame, 10 Child Care Center, Notre Dame, IN 46656 Applications may be sent via email to email@example.com or faxed to (574) 631-7808.
Areas of Expertise:
We also look for college students to serve as specialists and plan activities/curriculum in the following areas: Tennis, Music, Art, Nature/Environmental Science, Gardening, Soccer, Dramatics, and Recreational Games. If you have experience and interest in any of these areas, please indicate such on your application. Salaries are higher for college students serving in the role of specialty teachers.
Questions - Want to Learn More:
Please contact Kari Alford at firstname.lastname@example.org or (574) 284-4693 or
Nikki Zavada at
Nzavavdaecdc@Yahoo.com or (574) 631-3344.
Application for ECDC Employment