Award Summary: $4,000 for senior year and $30,000 for graduate study in the arts, humanities and social sciences. Applicants must demonstrate exceptional potential for graduate work and financial need.
Recommenders: Advice for Beinecke Letters of Recommendation (courtesy of the University of Vermont)
What is the Beinecke Scholarship?
The Beinecke Scholarship seeks to encourage and enable highly motivated college juniors to pursue opportunities available to them and to be courageous in the selection of a graduate course of study in the arts, humanities and social sciences. Each scholar receives $4,000 immediately prior to entering graduate school and an additional $30,000 while attending graduate school. There are no geographic restrictions on the use of the scholarship, and recipients are allowed to supplement the award with other scholarships, assistantships and research grants. Scholars are encouraged to begin graduate study as soon as possible following graduation from college, and must utilize all of the funding within five years of completion of undergraduate studies.
Who is eligible for the Beinecke Scholarship?
An applicant must:
1. Demonstrate superior standards of intellectual ability, scholastic achievement, and personal promise during his or her undergraduate career.
2. Be a junior (planning to graduate between December 2015 and August 2016).
3. Plan to enter a master’s or doctoral program in the arts, humanities, or social sciences on the way to an academic career.
4. Be a U.S. citizen or national.
5. Have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid during his or her undergraduate years. (Applicants might also be considered who would have been eligible for need-based financial aid had they not received merit-based financial aid.)
Date & Time
CUSE (110 Brownson)
11/18/14, 12:00 noon
|Application Feedback Deadline||
1/6/15, 12:00 noon
|Campus Application Deadline||
1/20/15, 12:00 noon
All online sessions can be accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/user/NDFellowships.
What are my next steps if I want to learn more and/or am thinking about applying?
1. Download the Information sheet (PDF)
2. Attend/view an information session. (See above.)
3. Submit a Pre-Application.
4. If it is after the Pre-Application deadline, contact us to see if we are still accepting applications