Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Scholarship Summary: Post-graduate study at Cambridge University in all fields.
Applicants must be strong academically and demonstrate evidence of a commitment to improving the lives of others.
Recommenders: Download Advice for Gates Letters of Recommendation (Coming Soon)
NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Notre Dame students and alumni who are not citizens of the US or UK are eligible for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship. The application process is exactly the same, except that the timeline differs. International students are encouraged to meet the CUSE National Fellowship deadlines (see below), though this is not required. Please contact us to discuss the application process.
What is the Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship assists students of exceptional academic achievement and scholarly promise for whom advanced study at the University of Cambridge would be particularly appropriate. The awards are based on intellectual ability, leadership capacity, and a demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of others.
Who can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
To apply, you must be:
1. A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
2. Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
Date & Time
|Screening Application Workshop (optional)||
242 O'Shaughnessy Hall
|Screening Application Deadline (optional)||
4/8/14, 12:00 noon
|Cambridge Application Opens||
|Final Deadline (U.S. applicants)||
|Final Deadline (International applicants)||
All online sessions can be accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/user/NDFellowships
What are my next steps if I want to learn more and/or am thinking about applying?
1. Download the Information sheet (PDF)
2. Attend/view an information session and take note of the Screening Application deadline (see above)
3. Consider the Marshall, Mitchell, and Rhodes Scholarships; the Fulbright U.S. Student Program; and the Churchill Scholarship (the Churchill is if you're in science or engineering). Those who apply for the Gates also often apply for one or more of these; and vice versa. These programs require you to apply through CUSE National Fellowships, so the process differs from the Gates process.
4. Contact CUSE National Fellowships if you have questions and/or to learn about how we can assist you throughout the application process.
Once you have decided to apply...
1. Download our Application Advice (Coming Soon: PDF), and please contact us if you haven't already. We highly recommend that you submit a Screening Application so that you can work with us throughout the application process. (If you are applying for Marshall, Mitchell, Rhodes, or Churchill, you will have done this anyway.)
Optional steps, if you decide to submit a Screening Application:
1. Attend/view a Screening Application workshop (see above)
2. Read the Screening Application Instructions (PDF)
3. Read the Advice for completing the Screening Application (PDF)
4. Download and complete the Screening Application Form (Word)
5. Submit the Screening Application Form and Supplementary Material (see Instructions)
6. Wait to hear from CUSE National Fellowships about further steps