Award Summary: $7500 for up to 2 years of undergraduate study in STEM fields. Viewed as an "annointing" that strengthens applications for graduate school and graduate fellowships (like the NSF GRFP).
Recommenders: Goldwater Recommendation Advice (from an experienced fellowship advisor, courtesy of Penn State, which includes samples)
What is the Goldwater Scholarship?
The Goldwater awards up to 300 undergraduate scholarships to outstanding sophomores and juniors who have outstanding potential and intend to pursue careers in mathematics, the natural sciences or engineering. Scholarships cover eligible expenses for tuition, books, room and board, etc. up to $7500 annually. Students must be nominated by their university.
Who can apply for the Goldwater Scholarship?
Goldwater applicants must:
1. Be sophomores or juniors
2. Have a GPA of at least 3.7
3. Intend to pursue research careers in mathematics, the natural sciences, or engineering
Date & Time
9/30/14, 12:00 noon
|Application Feedback Deadline||
11/4/14, 12:00 noon
|Campus Application Deadline||
11/18/2014, 12:00 noon
NOTE: We are still accepting Pre-Applications, even though the deadline has passed.
All online sessions can be accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/user/NDFellowships
What are my next steps if I want to apply?
1. Click here to read more about the application process for an ND nomination.
2. Attend/view an information session. (See above.)
3. Submit a Pre-Application and schedule an appointment with CUSE National Fellowships (see above for deadline).
4. If it is after the Pre-Application deadline, contact us to see if we are still accepting applications.