Lilly Graduate Fellows Program
Fellowship Summary: Offers $9000 and extensive mentoring over three years to a cohort of ten individuals annually who are pursuing the PhD or equivalent in the humanities or arts and plan to become teacher-scholars at church-related colleges and universities in the U.S.
What is the Lilly Graduate Fellows Program?
The Lilly Graduate Fellows Program supports individuals engaged in graduate education who want to engage modes of Christian practice and inquiry in the context of the academy and their academic disciplines and who demonstrate an interest in teaching at a church-related school. Over three years, the Fellows and two senior scholar mentors will communicate and collaborate with one another in areas of research, teaching, and professional development. Specifically, the Fellows participate in four conferences, a mentoring relationship with the senior scholars, and an online colloquium series. In addition to these benefits, the Fellows receive $3000 annually over the three years of the Fellowship’s tenure. Notre Dame can nominate three individuals annually for consideration by Lilly.
Who is eligible for the Lilly Graduate Fellows Program?
1. Be a U.S. citizen.
2. Be planning to enter a North American PhD, ThD, MFA, DFA, DMA, or equivalent graduate program in humanities or arts (e.g., art; art history; creative writing; history; interdisciplinary studies; languages and literature; music; music history; philosophy; religion; rhetoric; theater history; theater arts, and theology).
3. Be a graduating senior or recent graduate from Notre Dame or another Lilly Fellows Program Network school (as far back as April 2010).
4. Be available to attend interview conference in early April and inaugural conference in early August.
Date & Time
CUSE (110 Brownson)
|Campus Application Deadline||
11/4/14, 12:00 noon
|Nominee Application Deadline||
All online sessions can be accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/user/NDFellowships.
What are my next steps if I want to learn more and/or am thinking about applying?
1. Download the Information sheet (PDF).
2. Attend/view an information session. (See above.)
3. Contact CUSE National Fellowships to indicate your interest in applying.
4. Sumbit a campus application to email@example.com by the deadline. See the information sheet for details. The application form referred to on the information sheet can be downloaded as a Word document here.