Luce Scholars Program
Program Summary: One-year professional apprenticeship in Asia under the guidance
of leading Asians in the interest of improving American understanding of Asia.
Recommenders: Download Advice for Luce Letters of Recommendation (Coming Soon)
What is the Luce Scholars Program?
Eighteen young Americans of outstanding promise are sent each year to the Far East for professional apprenticeships under the guidance of leading Asians in the interest of improving American understanding of Asia. Students of Asian studies are specifically excluded in favor of those whose professional interests may range from architecture to zoology. Requires university nomination.
Who can apply for the Luce Scholars Program?
1. Be U.S. citizens who would not have reached their 30th birthday by July 1st of the year they enter the program.
2. Have earned at least a bachelor’s degree or reasonably expect to receive that degree by July 1st of the year they enter the program.
3. Demonstrate an outstanding capacity for leadership, have a record of high achievement, and have mature and clearly defined career interests with evidence of potential for professional accomplishments.
Date & Time
|Campus Application Deadline||
10/7/14, 12:00 noon
All online sessions can be accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/user/NDFellowships
What are my next steps if I want to learn more and/or am thinking about applying?
1. Download the Information sheet (PDF)
2. Attend/view an information session.
3. Download and review the Luce Scholarship application (DOC).
4. Contact CUSE National Fellowships at email@example.com to indicate your interest in applying.
5. Submit a completed application by the Campus Application Deadline to CUSE National Fellowships at firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommenders should submit their letters directly to email@example.com. (Note that you do not have to submit the two photos at this time. You can also submit unofficial grade histories instead of official transcripts. Finally, if you cannot obtain 4 letters of recommendation for the deadline, you can still apply, though try to have as many as possible submitted to us.)