Luce Scholars Program
Program Summary: One-year professional apprenticeship in Asia under the guidance
of leading Asians in the interest of improving American understanding of Asia.
Recommenders: Download Advice for Luce Letters of Recommendation (Coming Soon)
What is the Luce Scholars Program?
Eighteen young Americans of outstanding promise are sent each year to the Far East for professional apprenticeships under the guidance of leading Asians in the interest of improving American understanding of Asia. Students of Asian studies are specifically excluded in favor of those whose professional interests may range from architecture to zoology. Requires university endorsement.
Who can apply for the Luce Scholars Program?
1. Be U.S. citizens who would not have reached their 30th birthday by July 1st of the year they enter the program.
2. Have earned at least a bachelor’s degree or reasonably expect to receive that degree by July 1st of the year they enter the program.
3. Demonstrate an outstanding capacity for leadership, have a record of high achievement, and have mature and clearly defined career interests with evidence of potential for professional accomplishments.
Date & Time
Week of 9/2/14
Week of 9/2/14
|Campus Application Deadline||
10/3/14, 12:00 noon
Week of 10/13/14
CUSE Think Tank
11/3/14, 12:00 noon
All online sessions can be accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/user/NDFellowships
What are my next steps if I want to learn more and/or am thinking about applying?
1. Download the Information sheet (PDF)
2. Attend/view an information session and take note of the Campus Application Deadline (see above)
3. Contact CUSE National Fellowships if you have questions and/or to learn about how we can assist you throughout the application process.
Once you have decided to apply...
1. Coming Soon: Read the Campus Application Instructions (PDF)
2. Coming Soon: Read the Campus Application Advice (PDF)
3. Submit a Campus Application (see Instructions)
4. Wait to hear from CUSE National Fellowships about further steps