Scholarship Summary: Funding for graduate study in the UK in all fields. Competitive applicants are intellectually very strong and have significant leadership potential. Requires four outstanding letters of recommendation.
ALTHOUGH IMPORTANT DEADLINES HAVE PASSED, WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING SCREENING APPLICATIONS!
If you are interested in applying, please contact Dr. Jeffrey Thibert, Assistant Director of National Fellowships (email@example.com).
NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:Notre Dame students and alumni who are not citizens of the U.S. might consider the Chevening Scholarship. Please visit http://www.chevening.org for more information and contact CUSE National Fellowships so that we can discuss the application process.
What is the Marshall Scholarship?
This scholarship allows recipients to study for 1 or 2 years at any university (or universities) in the UK in any discipline. Selection is based on distinction of intellect and character as well as a potential to make a significant contribution to one’s own society. Candidates are evaluated on academic merit, leadership potential, and ambassadorial potential. Requires university endorsement.
Who can apply for the Marshall Scholarship?
1. Be U.S. citizens
2. Have received their first undergraduate degree between April 2012 and September 2015
3. Have a GPA of at least 3.7
Date & Time
|Screening Application Workshop||
242 O'Shaughnessy Hall
|Priority Screening Application Deadline||
4/8/14, 12:00 noon
Second Screening Application Deadline
5/14/14, 12:00 noon
|Campus Application Workshop||
|Campus Application Deadline||
8/19/14, 12:00 noon
Week of 9/2/14
|Endorsed Applicant Deadline||
9/30/14, 12:00 noon
10/1/14, 12:00 noon
Week of 10/13/14
Month of 11/14
All online sessions can be accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/user/NDFellowships
What are my next steps if I want to learn more and/or am thinking about applying?
1. Download the Information sheet (PDF)
2. Attend/view an information session and take note of the Screening Application deadlines (see above)
3. If it is after all of the Screening Application deadline, contact us to see if we are still accepting applications
4. Contact CUSE National Fellowships if you still have questions
Once you have decided to apply...
1. Attend/view a Screening Application workshop (see above)
2. Read the Screening Application Instructions (PDF)
3. Read the Advice for completing the Screening Application (PDF)
4. Download and complete the Screening Application Form (Word)
5. Submit the Screening Application Form and Supplementary Material (see Instructions)
6. Wait to hear from CUSE National Fellowships about further steps