Scholarship Summary: One year of post-graduate study in Ireland or Northern Ireland in any field.
Three selection criteria: scholarship, leadership, and sustained commitment to service and community.
Recommenders: Mitchell Recommendation Advice (helpful resource from Reed College; though it focuses on the Rhodes and Marshall Scholarships, much of the advice is relevant to Mitchell); Further Advice (from an experienced fellowship advisor, courtesy of Penn State, which includes samples)
What is the Mitchell Scholarship?
This scholarship supports 1 year of graduate study in any discipline offered at an institution of higher learning in Ireland or Northern Ireland. Scholars will have outstanding records of academic excellence, leadership, and community service. Requires university endorsement.
Who can apply for the Mitchell Scholarship?
1. Be U.S. citizens.
2. Be 18 years of age or older, but not yet 30, on September 30 of the year of application (those who turn 30 on 1 October are not eligible).
3. Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university before beginning study as a Mitchell Scholar.
Date & Time
2/11/2015 @ 6pm
Montgomery Aud, LaFortune
2/12/2015 @ 3pm
|Priority Campus Application Deadline*||
4/1/15 @ noon
|Final Campus Application Deadline||
8/4/15 @ noon
*Priority deadline applicants complete a shorter application and have access to summer mentoring opportunities.
All online sessions can be accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/user/NDFellowships
What are my next steps if I want to learn more and/or am thinking about applying?
1. Download the Information sheet (PDF).
2. Attend/view an information session and take note of the Campus Application deadlines (see above).
3. Complete this form if you intend to apply.
4a. For the April 1 deadline, download and complete the April 1 Campus Application (Word).
4b. If you have missed the April 1 deadline, please submit a current resume as an attachment to email@example.com with the subject "[Last Name, First Name] - Seeking August RMM Endorsement" if you would like to be considered to submit an application for the August 4 deadline. We will follow up with you as soon as possible.
5. Contact CUSE National Fellowships if you have questions.