Scholarship Summary: One year of post-graduate study in Ireland or Northern Ireland in any field.
Three selection criteria: scholarship, leadership, and sustained commitment to service and community.
Recommenders: Download Advice for Mitchell Letters of Recommendation (Coming Soon)
What is the Mitchell Scholarship?
This scholarship supports 1 year of graduate study in any discipline offered at an institution of higher learning in Ireland or Northern Ireland. Scholars will have outstanding records of academic excellence, leadership, and community service. Requires university endorsement.
Who can apply for the Mitchell Scholarship?
1. Be U.S. citizens.
2. Be 18 years of age or older, but not yet 30, on September 30 of the year of application (those who turn 30 on 1 October are not eligible).
3. Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university before beginning study as a Mitchell Scholar.
Date & Time
|Screening Application Workshop||
242 O'Shaughnessy Hall
|Screening Application Deadline||
4/8/14, 12:00 noon
|Campus Application Workshop||
|Campus Application Deadline||
8/19/14, 12:00 noon
Week of 9/2/14
|Endorsed Applicant Deadline||
9/30/14, 12:00 noon
10/1/14, 12:00 noon
Week of 10/13/14
Month of 11/14
All online sessions can be accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/user/NDFellowships
What are my next steps if I want to learn more and/or am thinking about applying?
1. Download the Information sheet (PDF)
2. Attend/view an information session and take note of the Screening Application deadline (see above)
3. If it is after the Screening Application deadline, contact us to see if we are still accepting applications
4. Contact CUSE National Fellowships if you still have questions
Once you have decided to apply...
1. Attend/view a Screening Application workshop (see above)
2. Read the Screening Application Instructions (PDF)
3. Read the Advice for completing the Screening Application (PDF)
4. Download and complete the Screening Application Form (Word)
5. Submit the Screening Application Form and Supplementary Material (see Instructions)
6. Wait to hear from CUSE National Fellowships about further steps