US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes
Program Summary: 3-6 week-long academic and cultural summer programs with varying themes at varying locations around the United Kingdom for first-year students and sophomores with limited travel experience.
Recommenders: Download Advice for US-UK Summer Institute Letters of Recommendation (Coming Soon)
What are the US-UK Summer Institutes?
The Summer Institutes, administered by the US-UK Fulbright Commission, provide the opportunity for first and second year undergraduates to visit the UK for a four, five, or six week academic and cultural summer program. There are multiple institutes available; applicants can only apply for one. During the programs, students pursue an academic program, explore UK history and culture, and develop academic ability through presentations and research. More specific information about the programs is available on the above website. The award provides for airfare, tuition and fees, room and board, and a small daily allowance.
Who is eligible?
1. Be U.S. citizens
2. Be 18 years or older by the time the program begins in the summer
3. Be in their first or second year of undergraduate study at the time of application, with at least two years of study remaining
4. Have little or no study or travel experience in the UK or outside of the US
5. Have a minimum GPA of 3.5
Date & Time
Late Feb/Early Mar
All online sessions can be accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/user/NDFellowships.
What are my next steps if I want to learn more and/or am thinking about applying?
1. Download the Information sheet (PDF)
2. Attend/view an information session and take note of the final deadline for your proposed institute
3. Contact CUSE National Fellowships if you have questions and/or to learn about how we can assist you throughout the application process.
Once you have decided to apply...
1. Coming Soon: Read the Application Advice (PDF)
2. Contact CUSE National Fellowships if you would like feedback on your application.