Best viewed in Firefox
- GJ Ragland, SB Sim, S Goudarzi, JL Feder, and DA
Hahn. 2012. Environmental interactions during host race formation:
host fruit environment moderates a seasonal shift in phenology in
host races of Rhagoletis pomonella. Functional Ecology.
Ahead of Print: doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2435.2012.01992.x
- GJ Ragland, SP Egan, JL Feder, SH Berlocher, and
DA Hahn. 2011. Developmental trajectories of gene
expression reveal candidates for diapause termination, a key life
history transition in the apple maggot fly, Rhagoletis
pomonella. Journal of Experimental Biology 214: 3948-3960.
*Featured in InsideJEB*
- GJ Ragland, DL Denlinger, and DA Hahn. 2010. Mechanisms of suspended animation are revealed by transcript profiling of diapause in the flesh fly. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 107: 14909-14.
- Schwarz, D, HM Robertson, JL Feder, K Varala, ME Hudson, GJ Ragland, DA Hahn and SH Berlocher. 2009. Sympatric ecological speciation meets pyrosequencing: sampling the transcriptome of the apple maggot Rhagoletis pomonella. BMC Genomics 10: 633.
- Hahn, DA, GJ Ragland, DD Shoemaker and DL Denlinger. 2009. Gene discovery using massively parallel pyrosequencing to develop ESTs for the flesh fly Sarcophaga crassipalpis. BMC Genomics 10: 234.
- Ragland, GJ, J Fuller, JL Feder, and DA Hahn. 2009. Biphasic metabolic rate trajectory of pupal diapause termination and post-diapause development in a tephritid fly. Journal of Insect physiology 55: 344-350
- Kingsolver, JG, GJ Ragland, and SE Diamond. 2009. Evolution in a constant environment: thermal fluctuations and thermal sensitivity of laboratory and field populations of Manduca sexta. Evolution 63: 537-541.
- Ragland, GJ and JG Kingsolver. 2008. Evolution of
thermotolerance in seasonal environments: the effects of annual
temperature variation and life history timing in Wyeomyia
smithii. Evolution 62: 1345-1357.
*Faculty of 1000 recommended read*
- Ragland, GJ and JG Kingsolver. 2008. The effect of fluctuating temperatures on ectotherm life history traits: comparisons among geographic populations of Wyeomyia smithii. Evolutionary Ecology Research 10: 29-44.
- Ragland, GJ and JG Kingsolver. 2007. Influence of seasonal timing on thermal ecology and thermal reaction norm evolution in Wyeomyia smithii. Journal of Evolutionary Biology 20: 2144-2153.
- Kingsolver, JG, KR Massie, GJ Ragland, and MH Smith. 2007. Rapid population divergence in thermal reaction norms for an invading species: breaking the temperature-size rule. Journal of Evolutionary Biology 20: 892-900.
- Kingsolver, JG, KR Massie, JG Shlichta, MH Smith, Ragland, GJ, and R Gomulkiewicz. 2007. Relating environmental variation to selection on reaction norms: an experimental test. American Naturalist 169: 163 - 174.
- Kingsolver, JG, JG Shlichta, GJ Ragland, and KR Massie. 2006. Thermal reaction norms for caterpillar growth depend on diet. Evolutionary Ecology Research 8: 703-715.
- Ragland, GJ and PA Carter. 2004. Genetic covariance structure of growth in the salamander Ambystoma macrodactylum. Heredity 92: 569-578.
- Kingsolver, JG, GJ Ragland, and JG Shlichta. 2004. Quantitative genetics of continuous reaction norms: thermal sensitivity of caterpillar growth rates. Evolution 58: 1521-1529.
- Kingsolver, JG, R Izem, and GJ Ragland. 2004. Plasticity of Size and Growth in Fluctuating Thermal Environments: Comparing Reaction Norms and Performance Curves. Integrative and Comparative Biology 44: 450-460.