of previous winners
- The $500 prize recognizes
excellence in interdisciplinary scholarship by a member of
INCS on any nineteenth-century topic or world region. See
below for eligibility rules.
- We encourage members of INCS
to submit or nominate essays.
- The winner will be announced
at the 2014 conference (to be held at the University of
Houston, March 27-30) and invited to put together a panel for
the 2015 INCS Conference.
Send an electronic copy of the nominated essay to Professor Ana
Hontanilla (UNCG) at firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than January 10, 2014.
- Only current (2013) members of INCS are eligible (membership
is for the calendar year).
- The essay must have appeared in a book or journal published in
that actually appear in the contest year will be considered
even if the official publication date is earlier.
- The essay must make a significant
contribution to the field of nineteenth-century studies.
- INCS Board Members’ essays are not eligible for consideration.
- Former INCS Board Members’ essays are not eligible until five
years have passed since their service.
- Those not yet members who wish to have their essays considered
are permitted to join INCS for the year of the essay’s
nomination up until just before judging commences a week or so
into the new year.