Group News & Events
- Graduation day is here for Dr. Marjorie Massel, Dr. Dan Fagnant, Dr. Edward Bennett, and Dr. Thomas Gohndrone
- Departmental Christmas Party - Group picture with santa
- Graduation day is here for Dr. Chajoun Shi, Dr. Yong Huang and Dr. Sam Seo
- Congratulations to Dr. Marjorie Massel for successfuly defending her thesis on May 7th
- Thomas Gohndrone published a paper in ChemSusChem on the formation of ylides in phosphonium ILs. DOI: 10.1002/cssc.201400009
- Sam Seo published a paper in Journal of Phys Chem B on AHA based ILs. DOI: 10.1021/jp502279w
- Liyuan Sun published a paper in collaboration with the Kamant Group at ND in Langmuir on electrochemical reduction of CO2 using ILs. DOI: 10.1021/la5009076
- Congratulations to Dr. Sam Seo for defending his thesis and earning his PhD
- Welcome to Professor Hilary Eppley a visiting Professor for the summer
- Congratulations to Han and Liyuan for passing their candidacy exams
- Mauricio Quiroz-Guzman published a paper on Oxalate ILs in RSC advances DOI: 10.1039/C4RA01467G
- Dr. Brennecke will be honored with the Murphee award at the Spring ACS Meeting in Houston. Previous award winners can be found here
- Congratulations to Dr. Chajoun Shi for successfully defending her disertaion and earning her Ph.D
- We say goodbye to Dr. Mauricio Quiroz-Guzman after his successful 2 year post-doc and wish him luck at Ionic Research Technology
- Welcome to Dr. Maria Gonzalez-Miquel visiting for 4 months from Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Congratulations to Mengting Ma and Bo Hong for passing their comprehensive exams
- Isabel Mejia and Roberto Canales published a paper on high pressure CO2 and ionic liquids Paper Link
- Our group published a paper in the Chemistry-A European Journal in collaboration with Dr. Ashfeld's group Paper Link
- Congratulations toYong Huang for successfully defending his disertation and earning his Ph.D
- Thomas Gohndrone, won a $1,000 travel grant from the GSU for the CoIL-5 conference in April
- Burcu Gurkan published a paper in PCCP on the reaction kinetics of CO2 with ILs Paper Link
- Congratulations to Thomas Gohndrone, Daniel Fagnant, Joseph Fillion, and Roberto Canales for passing their Ph.D candidacy exams!
- Welcome to our new group member, Mengting a 1st year Chemical Engineering grad student.
- Chaojun Shi won a $800 travel grant from the GSU for the 222nd Meeting of the Electrochemical Society
- Congratulations to Liyuan Sun and Han Xia for passing their comprehensive exam and completing their first year!
- Anne-Laure Revelli is leaving our group after a successful 1.5 year post-doc. We all want to say good luck at your new position in France!
- Congratulations to Edward Bennett and Sam Seo for passing their Ph.D Candidacy Exam!
- Dr. Brennecke was elected to the National Academy of Engineering. This is very impressive and more information about the announcement can be found here
- Congratulations to Marjorie Massel for passing her Ph.D Candidacy Exam!