What I'm thinking about...
Spanish adoption of the TDI diesel engine after VW invents it in 1989 (dark
bar). There are a lot of cool questions to answer here. Why have they become so popular in Europe?
Why are they not popular in the United States? TDIs are much more fuel efficient than traditional gas engines, so could TDIs be a better short-term
environmental solution than subsidizing research in electric cars?
1. Complexity, Efficiency, and Fairness of Multi-Product Monopoly Pricing
(with Eugenio Miravete and Katja Seim)
Revise and Resubmit, Econometrica
2. Protecting the European Automobile Industry through Environmental Regulation
(with Eugenio Miravete and Maria J. Moral)
3. Rules versus Discretion in the Protection of Intellectual Property
4. The Effects of Coordinating National Patent Policies
5. Innovation and Trade Costs in International Trade
(with Antoine Gervais)
6. Market Effects of Patent Reform in the U.S. Semiconductor Industry