Position Opening at the Kellogg Institute for International Studies
University of Notre Dame
V-Dem Project Specialist (Limited Term Position - 15 Months)
This position serves as a research project coordinator for the Varieties of Democracy (V-Dem) project. This is a high-profile position in a large globally collaborative effort to produce hundreds of new indicators of democracy for all countries from 1900 to the present. V-Dem has two institutional homes: The Kellogg Institute for International Studies at the University of Notre Dame; and the Varieties of Democracy Institute at the University of Gothenburg, in Sweden.
The position includes correspondence with country experts in the Americas and interaction with prominent political researchers from around the globe. Project management and research duties include statistical analysis and research on the political history of selected countries and colonies, editing project documents, updating various research databases, and development and generation of project progress reports. The position also provides administrative support for the project such as initiation of compensation paperwork, mailing list merges, website editing, and supervision of student researchers.
This is a limited-term ending in mid - July 2015. Although the application site will remain open on the website until filled. A hiring decision will be made as soon as possible after April 1, 2014.
• Advanced skills in the use of Internet, email, and business software (word processing, spreadsheet, etc.).
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and to respond accurately and in a timely manner.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Highest standards of confidentiality and discretion.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Some graduate-level training in social sciences;
• Ability to read and write Spanish or Portuguese,
• Training in statistics, experience with Stata or R.
• Experience with relational databases or database software (Access, Filemaker, etc.)
Salary range: $29,909-$40,000.
Applications must be submitted through ND Jobs: jobs.nd.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=61745
Reference job number 14144, “V-Dem Project Specialist.”
Application consists of a resume/vitae and cover letter. A recommendation letter is welcome but optional at this stage.