Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556
- Natural convection (loops, porous media, cavities)
- Artificial neural networks in thermal systems
- Genetic algorithms in heat transfer
- Fuzzy logic in thermal systems
- Thermal control
- Heat exchangers
- Chaotic advection for heat transfer enhancement
- Potential flow heat transfer
- Energy equation in thermal anemometry
- Energy applications
- Intelligent systems
- Forced convection
- Phase change
- Dynamical systems and chaos
- Fluid dynamics
- Chemically reacting flows
- Molecular dynamics
- Non-Linear Interaction between Shallow Water Waves, J.L. Samaniego, 1978.
- Analysis of the Transient Behavior of a Thermosyphon, J.A. Rojas, 1980.
- Characteristics of Circular Jets, E. Rincón, 1981.
- Approximate Stability Analysis for a Cylindrical Falling Film, F.J. Solorio, 1982.
- Numerical Solution of Natural Convection in Cavities, S.L. Moya, 1983.
- Natural Convection in Semi-Elliptical Cavity, E. Martín del Campo, 1984.
- Flow in Conjugate Thermosyphon Loops, O. Salazar, 1984.
- Maximum Cyclonic Wind Speeds, J. Sánchez-Sesma, 1985.
- Starting Characteristics of Round Jets, J. Hernández, 1987.
- Natural Convection in a Tilted Trapezoidal Enclosure, V. Kumar, 1987.
- Deterministic Chaos in Nucleate Boiling, N. Acharya, 1989.
- Analysis of Flow over Fixed and Rotatable Cylinder-Splitter Plate Body (Co-Director), J.C. Xu, 1990.
- Experimental and Numerical Investigation of Flow Past a Freely Rotatable Square Cylinder (Co-Director), T.G. Zaki, 1991.
- A Two-Dimensional Model for an Evaporative Falling Film with Deposition (Co-Director), M. Núñez, 1994.
- Analytical and Numerical Study of Solidification by Convective Cooling with Void Formation, Z. Yang, 1994.
- Performance of a Single-Row Heat Exchanger at Low In-Tube Flow Rates (Co-Director), X. Zhao, 1995.
- Development of Computational Algorithms for Forced and Mixed Convection in Coiled Tubes in a Fin-Tube Heat Exchanger (Co-Director), Q. Shi,1997.
- Dynamic Modeling and Thermal Control of Multi-Room Cooling, Z. Xiao, 1999.
- Ignition Processes of Premixed Gases in Boundary Layer Flows, César Treviño, 1980.
- Linear Stability of a Cylindrical Falling Film of Liquid: Theoretical and Experimental Study, Francisco J. Solorio, 1989.
- Experimental and Numerical Investigation of Heat Transfer Enhancement by Chaotic Mixing, Narasimha Acharya, 1992.
- Mathematical Modeling of Thermocompressive and Thermoacoustic Machines (Co-Director), Driss Omari, 1996.
- Heat Transfer Enhancement by Regular and Chaotic Mixing in Laminar Channel Flow, David R. Sawyers, 1997.
- Study of External Heat Transfer Mechanisms in Single-Row Fin and Tube Heat Exchangers, Ricardo Romero-Méndez, 1998.
- Simulation and Control of Heat Exchangers using Artificial Neural Networks, Gerardo Díaz, 2000.
- Simulation of Compact Heat Exchangers using Global Regression and Soft Computing, Arturo Pacheco-Vega, 2002.
- Temperature Controllability in Cross-Flow Heat Exchangers and Long Ducts, Sorour Alotaibi, 2003.
- Hydrodynamics and Control in Thermal-Fluid Networks, Walfre Franco, 2003.
- Nonlinear Dynamics of Thermal-Hydraulic Networks, Weihua Cai, 2006.
- Linear Stability of Electron-Flow Hydrodynamics in Ungated Semiconductors, Williams Calderón-Muñoz, 2009.
- Peristaltic Flow with Application to Ureteral Biomechanics, Joel Jiménez-Lozano, 2009.
- A Heat Conduction Study at Non-Continuum Scales (Co-Director), Alejandro Guajardo-Cuéllar, 2011.
- Reduction and Approximation in Large and Infinite Potential-Driven Flow Networks, Jason Mayes, 2012.
- Thermal Study of a GaN-Based HEMT, Jorge Ferrer-Pérez, 2012.
Books and notes
- EG111 Introduction to Engineering Systems I
- EG112 Introduction to Engineering Systems II
- EG 34203 Introduction to Energy Systems
- AME231 Measurements Laboratory
- AME332 Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- AME20213 Measurements and Data Analysis
- AME334 Fluid Mechanics
- AME 30314/34314 Differential Equations, Vibrations and Controls I
- AME 439/30334 Heat Transfer
- AME40510 Introduction to Numerical Methods
- AME4046/41463 Senior Design Project/Lab
- AME 57104/34104 Engineering Analysis
- AME47530/50535 Special Studies: Energy Systems/Energy Systems
- AME498 Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence
- AME499 Undergraduate Research
- AME60611 Mathematical Methods I
- AME 60634 Intermediate Heat Transfer
- AME60635 Intermediate Fluid Mechanics
- AME 60655 Intelligent Systems
- AME623 Thermal Convection
- AME60676 Biofluid Mechanics and Bioheat transfer (bioheat transfer part)