Graduate Research Assistant
Pursuing PhD in Mechanical Engineering at University of Notre Dame (expected 2010)
Master of Technology and Bachelor of Technology in Aerospace Engineering under the Dual Degree Program from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay (2000-05).
Reliability Design Optimization
Optimum Design of Mechanical Elements
Advance Mechanical Behavior of Materials
Finite Element Methods
Mathematical Methods I
Integrated Engineering and Business Fundamentals
Topometry Optimization for Crashworthiness Design
Graduate Research August 2006 - Current
Topometry optimization for structural design of shell-structures for crashworthiness applications using the Hybrid Cellular Automata (HCA) algorithm. The algorithm utilizes the cellular automata computing paradigm and nonlinear transient finite element analyses to capture material and geometric nonlinearities that occur during a dynamic crash event. The algorithm is able to generate energy absorbing concept designs, which can meet the given performance as well as manufacturing constraints, and also minimize the mass and cost simultaneously. This work will facilitate the design of low-weight energy absorbing structures for application in automobile structural body parts for our collaborator Honda America R&D.
Reliability-based Topology Optimization
Graduate Research January 2006 - Current
Reliability-based topology optimization (RBTO) of structures and compliant mechanism using the Hybrid Cellular Automata (HCA) algorithm. This is a decoupled efficient approach to topology optimization of continuum structures with a desired reliability level. This formulation incorporates uncertainty with respect to material properties and applied loads and considers a limit state function based on the failure mode of the output displacement.
· Awarded Graduate Fellow of the Center for Applied Mathematics of the University of Notre Dame for the academic year 2009-10
· Winner of travel grant to attend the NSF CMMI Research and Innovation Conference 2009
· Winner of Best Poster in Engineering division in the Graduate research Symposium 2008 at Notre Dame
· Member of Indiana Gamma Chapter of Tau beta Pi
· Notre Dame Graduate Fellowship for graduate studies in the Aerospace and Mechanical department
· Shri V G Gadgil Memorial Scholarship 2003-04, IIT Bombay Private Trust for overall annual performance in senior year of Aerospace Engineering Undergraduate Program
· Have maintained Departmental Rank 2 consistently over the 5 years in IIT Bombay