1. Penninger, C.L., L.T. Watson, A. Tovar & J.E. Renaud. Convergence Analysis of Hybrid Cellular Automata for Topology Optimization. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization. Accepted for publication: January 2009.
2. Mozumder, C.K., and Renaud, J.E., “Topometry Optimization of Shell-based Structures for Crashworthiness Design using Hybrid Cellular Automata”, Journal of Mechanical Design, 2009 (in review).
3. Mozumder, C.K., Patel, N.M., Renaud, J.E., and Pydimarry, K., “Synthesis of a Dynamically Loaded Structure with Topology Optimization”, SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars - Mechanical Systems, Vol. 2, No. 1, October 2009, pp. 1143-1150.
4. Agarwal, H., Gano, S.E., Pérez, V.M., Mozumder, C.K., Renaud, J.E., and Watson, L.T., “Homotopy Methods for Constraint Relaxation in Unilevel Reliability based Design Optimization”, Journal of Engineering Optimization, Vol. 41, No. 6, June 2009, pp. 593-607.
5. Patel, N.M., B.S. Kang, J.E. Renaud & A. Tovar. Crashworthiness design using topology optimization. ASME Journal of Mechanical Design. Accepted for publication: December 2008.
6. Patel, N.M., D. Tillotson, A. Tovar, K. Izui & J.E. Renaud, 2008. A comparative study of topology optimization techniques. AIAA Journal. Vol. 46, Issue 8, pp. 1963-1975.
7. Penninger, C.L., N.M. Patel, G.L. Niebur, A. Tovar, & J.E. Renaud, 2008. A fully anisotropic hierarchical hybrid cellular automaton algorithm to simulate bone remodeling. Mechanics Research Communications. Vol. 35, Issue 1-2, pp. 32-42.
8. Agarwal, H., Mozumder, C.K., Renaud, J. E., and Watson, L. T., “An Inverse-measure-based Unilevel Architecture for Reliability-based Design Optimization”, Journal of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, DOI 10.1007/s00158-006-0057-3, Vol 33, No. 3, March 2007, pp. 217-227.
9. Tovar A., N. Patel, A. K. Kaushik & J.E. Renaud, 2007. Optimality Conditions of the Hybrid Cellular Automata for Structural Optimization. AIAA Journal. Vol. 45, Issue 3, pp. 673-683.
10. Tovar, A., G.L. Niebur, M. Sen & J.E. Renaud, 2006. Topology Optimization using a Hybrid Cellular Automaton Approach with Distributed Control. ASME Journal of Mechanical Design. Vol. 128, Issue 6. pp. 1-12.
11. Gano, S.E., J.E. Renaud, H. Agarwal & A. Tovar, 2005. Reliability Based Design Using Variable Fidelity Optimization. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering. Vol. 2, Issue 3-4, pp. 247-260.
12. Tovar, A, S.E. Gano, J.J. Mason & J.E. Renaud, 2005. Optimum Design of an Interbody Implant for Lumbar Spine Fixation. Journal of Advances in Engineering Software. Special number in Design Optimization. Vol. 36, Issue 9, pp. 634-642.