The mission of FLSC is to foster and support biomedical research and
at the University of Notre Dame by:
* Ensuring a humane animal care and use program that meets the needs of
faculty, staff and students.
* Complying with regulations, nationally accepted guidelines and
standards pertaining to the use of animals in research and instruction.
* Advancing knowledge in laboratory animal science.
This mission will be accomplished in a timely and effective manner by a
skilled staff who:
* Monitors and evaluates the University animal care and use program on
behalf of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC),
* Provide an animal husbandry and technical support program.
* Develop and implement strategies for environmental enrichment of
* Foster public understanding regarding the use of animals in research
* Provide a program of veterinary care that utilizes current best
* Provide knowledgeable advice and consultation on construction and
of animal- related housing and support spaces.
* Provide and encourages continuing education for personnel who care
and use animals in research and education.
* Foster a positive, supportive, and safe working environment for all
Freimann Life Science Center can be contacted
FAX : 574-631-4519
Last Updated 9/30/10