How to find Resources in
a Subject not included in Hesburgh’s “Find Resources by Subject” guide:
- The electronic resources available through Hesburgh
also cover many subject areas for which Notre Dame
has no undergraduate, graduate, or professional
programs (and thus no corresponding research/subject
- Open Google (or your preferred search
- Limit the domain for your query to “.edu”
[name of subject] library research guide
- To search for guides at U.S. law schools only,
use this link:
the results and select a current guide from a
- You may not be able to access
another institution's subscription based databases
and journals via the
research guide that you find.
- Use Hesburgh’s Find
a Specific Journal link
to find out if we have the journal(s) referenced
in another institution’s guide.
- To locate a specific database at Notre Dame, use "Databases" option from the University
Libraries home page (the tab is located above the main search bar) and select the letter of the alphabet corresponding to the [first letter of the name of the] database that you want to find.