Replacement or Duplicate Diplomas
Notre Dame has provided a sheepskin or paper diploma for undergraduate and graduate students since 1967. Prior to 1967, there was a mixture of eras when the institution utilized only sheepskin, only paper, or occasionally both materials in the same year. Notre Dame's Law School diploma is currently and has always been paper. In August 2011, the only vendor manufacturing sheepskin diplomas ceased production; therefore, beginning in January, 2012, the University began printing on paper in-house.
The cost of replacement or duplicate diplomas is as follows:
- January 2012 graduates to present: Printed on paper only: $65.00*
- August 2011 graduates and prior: Printed on paper $65.00* or printed on sheepskin $115.00* (for available years and degrees).
*There is an additional express mail postage fee for international mailing. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing after the request is received.
Request a Diploma
To request a diploma, please follow the procedures at: http://diploma-request.nd.edu/diploma_requests/new
Information that you will need to provide:
- Paper or sheepskin (view dates above)
- Printed name as it is to appear on the diploma, if different from the original
- Year of graduation & type of degree
- Last 3 digits of your Social Security number
- Address to which the diploma should be mailed
- Contact information: phone number and email address
- ND ID#, if applicable (not mandatory)
If the request is for a diploma dated prior to 1968, we duplicate as close as possible to the original document except that the diploma may be printed on smaller stock.
We do not have copies of diplomas on file. All replacements and duplicates are official and original.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Jennings at Jennings.email@example.com or call 574-631-5183.
Care and Framing
If your diploma is made of sheepskin, it should be kept dry and away from excessive moisture or heat. If you intend to frame your sheepskin diploma, please bring this information to the attention of the framer.