Observer website technical problems
This page lists the top four problems users have while visiting the Observer
website. If this page does not address the problem you are experiencing, please
send an e-mail to the Web Administrator.
- Why is it that when I click on a link for a story from the homepage, my
browser brings up an old story, one that is not the same as the link I clicked
This is because your browser is displaying the a page from the cache on your
harddrive, not the one on the Observer's site. To fix this problem, click
the Reload button in Netscape or Mozilla or the Refresh button in Internet
- Why is it that when I look through Past Issues, I cannot find the issue
The only issues available through the past issues are those since the 1999
- 2000 school year. Additionally, the past issues page only lists past issues
so if you were viewing a newspaper from the Sept. 23, 2000, for example, and
clicked past issues, you would only be able to see issues that were published
prior to Sept. 23, 2000.
- Why is the past issues page sorted by month and not by year or some other
We are aware that the current sorting may not be the best way to organize
them and are looking into other options.
- Why is it when I search through back issues, pages from the entire Notre
Dame site and not just the Observer appear?
This is a known problem that is being addressed. Check back here to see when
the issue is fixed.