Related Student Links
Which Program is Right for me?
Our program managers are available to help guide you in this important decision, but you will want to consider a few important factors. Listed below are some questions that may help you make a more informed decision.
- Which aspects of study abroad are most important to me?
- Language Study?
- Where can I get the courses I need and still stay on track for graduation?
- Do I know the language?
- If not, how can I learn it?
- How long and when do I want to study abroad?
- The academic year?
- A semester?
- If so, which semester?
- Fall, Spring, or Summer?
- Am I flexible on which semester I want to study abroad?
- Would I prefer a small town or a big city?
- Would I prefer to study abroad with other Americans, with students of the host country, or a combination of both?
- What sort of living situation is right for me?
- Do I want to live with a host family?
- Am I better suited for a dorm environment?
- How competitive is the program I'm applying to?
- Some programs are more popular than others
- Fall programs are generally less competitive than Spring
- Which other program(s) should I apply to, in case I don't get into my first choice?
- Am I better suited for a site with special learning opportunities?
- Service work