RETHINKING MARXISM Sponsored Conferences
Since 1989, Rethinking Marxism and AESA have sponsored many conferences, including three international gala conferences and several smaller spring conferences. We hold the major or gala conferences every three to four years and spring conferences in the years between, when possible.
- “Marxism and the World Stage” (November, 2003)
- “Marxism 2000: The Party’s Not Over” (September, 2000)
- “The (Re)turns of Marxism” (Spring, 1998)
- “Politics and Languages of Contemporary Marxism” (December,1996) continued the dialogue to open creative new spaces for political, cultural and scholarly interventions in the face of global restructuring of social relations.
- “Marxism and the Politics of Anti-essentialism” (Spring, 1995)
- “Marxism in the New World Order: Crises and Possibilities” (1992) confronted directly the challenges—theoretical, organizational, and spiritual—which faced the Left and Marxism as the new millennium neared. The text Marxism in the Postmodern Age: Confronting the New World Order includes many of the papers presented at this conference.
- “Marxism Now: Traditions and Difference” (1989) created a forum where new, heterogeneous directions in Marxism and the Left could be debated after the breakup of orthodoxy. Papers from “Marxism Now: Traditions and Difference” were published in a special double issue of Rethinking Marxism.