Shamrock Leadership Series 2015
Leadership Institute is a program designed to provide leadership education for all students at the University of Notre Dame. LI seeks to help its participants have a more comprehensive understanding of leadership and their own leadership skills, and instill in students a sense of responsibility to community as a leader. Currently, the Student Activities Office has three Shamrock Leadership Series in place; the First Year Institute, the Sophomore Institute, and the Junior Institute. The Office plans on rolling out a Senior Institute and a structure for graduate students. If you are interested in learning more information, please reach out to the Student Activities Office.
Registration was sent out via email to undergraduate students.
Participants in the SLS will:
- Participate in interactive workshops to gain greater understanding of leadership concepts
- Become familiar with the many opportunities to become engaged in campus activities at Notre Dame during and after the program has ended.
- Understand leadership topics in context of personal experiences and goals.
- Connect leadership with service to social justice.
- Speakers from around campus that will touch on different areas of leadership around the University.
- Various leadership theories and exposure to different leadership resources to help introduce students to different leadership tools in the field.
- Speakers will also touch on the work they are doing around campus, exposing students to different resources for their campus leadership development.
- Speakers from the South Bend, Chicagoland area both alumni and local leaders talk about their passions and how leadership is defined to them.
- Sophomores have the opportunity to network with other leaders across campus and find out what leadership roles are available to them through those interactions.
- Speakers will touch on their leadership journey and help students reflect on how they want to focus their leadership "path".
- Past speakers have included a Navy Seal, Non-Profit Organizers, and a member of a local senator's staff.
Junior Institute: (Pilot Season)
- The Junior Institute will focus on servant leadership and working with others in a "real world" environment.
- Students will be immersed into a local non-profit organization with the goal of developing their interpersonal skills.
- Reflect in smaller groups to debrief experiences.
- Speakers from Notre Dame Departments that are working with the non-profits and learning from their experiences.
The submission period for interest is open through Wednesday January 14, 2015. If you have any questions regarding this or other leadership programs offered by the Student Activities Office, please contact the Student Activities Office.