Rockne Memorial Gymnasium
Capacity: 200-300 people
- Requires advance notice.
- Scheduling availablility is flexible.
- NDSP required for dances.
- Contact Lt. George Heeter at 574-631-8343 to arrange for security.
- Either tennis shoes or socks must be worn (consider a "sock hop" theme).
- Dance must begin at 11:00 p.m.
- Must cleanup immediately after event.
- Food and decorations are allowed, but need to be approved.
- There may be restrictions, depending on power and staging requests.
- The RecSports staff is VERY willing to work with students to accommodate requests for dances and related events (late night basketball tournament, etc.).
- Once the date is reserved, schedule a meeting with Mark Benishek, Assistant Director, the hall rector, the building manager, and the dance commissioner to work out details.
- $350 refundable Security Deposit required.
- Group will have to cover the cost of a monitor (approximately $10-$20 per hour) from the RecSports staff to be in the building during the dance.
- Rockne has a night-time housekeeping crew, although the hall may have to pay for extra staff, depending on the extent of the job (venue must be ready to open the next morning at 8:00 a.m.)
- Costs may be incurred from Catering and General Services.
Assistant Director of RecSports - Facilities