40610 - Security Analysis
Professor Shane A. Corwin
Fall Semester 2014
- Group Project: Group Assignment #3 is due on Monday, October 13th. The requirements for this assignment are described in the handout provided in your course packet and linked below.
- Homework: Homework assignment #3 is due on Wednesday, October 15th. The specifics of this assignment will be provided at a later date. Please have your solutions ready to turn in on the assigned date and be prepared to discuss your solutions in class.
- Exams: Our first Exam will be held on Wednesday, October 1st. The exam will be held during the regular class period. Please remember that you will need a calculator and a formula sheet for the exam.
- Meetings: Click here to view the schedule for meetings with Professor Corwin.
- Recruiting Contact Information: Click on this link to view contact and recruiting information related to recruiting opportunities I have mentioned in class.
notes will either be provided in class or made available for download
from this site. Additional Notes and Examples will be posted below
as they become avaiable.
Problems, and Textbook Supporting Materials:
the semester, I will provide example problems from the textbook that are related to the
material we cover in class. Solutions to these suggested problems will be
available below. Aswath Damodaran also provides extensive data and
information to support his textbook. This information can be
accessed at: Investment
Valuation (3rd edition) web page.
- In addition to the suggested problems from the textbook, I will assign a homework set related to each lecture topic. These homework problems will be turned in and graded and you should be prepared to discuss your solutions in class. Homework solutions will be posted below after each homework is turned in.
- Throughout the semester, we will work on a series of Case Study questions related to the valuation of Nike. Click here to download the Nike Case Study.
- Exam 1 will be held on Wednesday, October 1st. Check back here for grades and solutions from Exam 1.
- Exam 2
will be held on Wednesday, November 5th. Check back here for grades and solutions from Exam 2.
- The Final
Exam will be held on Tuesday, December 16th from 7:30-9:30
will need a calculator and a formula sheet for all exams.
here to download sample exams and quizzes from previous semesters: Quiz 1, Quiz
2, Quiz 3, Quiz 4, Quiz
5, Midterm, and Final Exam (Taser Financials).
- Additional sample quizzes/exams: Quiz 1 (answers), Quiz 2, Quiz 3, Quiz 4, Quiz 5, Midterm Exam (answers), Final Exam (answers).
- The final version of the valuation model is due on Thursday, December 11th at 5:00 p.m.
here to download the instructions for the Valuation
- Group presentations will be held on Monday, December 8th and Wednesday, December 10th. Check back here to view the presentation schedule. You are required to attend presentations only during the session in which your group is presenting. Please note that the one-page valuation tear sheet (summary page) is due on the day of your presentation. Click here to view some example tear sheets from past semesters.
1 - Business and Industry Description (due Wednesday, September 10th).
- Assignment 2 - Bloomberg Information Collection and Financial Ratio Analysis (due Wednesday, September 24th).
3 - Cost of Capital Analysis (due Monday, October 13th).
4 - Cash Flow Analysis (due Monday, November 10th).
5 - Growth Analysis (due Monday, November 24th).
Other Useful Links:
duLac: A Guide to Student Life
The Notre Dame Academic Code of
Page of Finance and Business Links
Books Related to Markets, Trading, and Careers in
Professor Corwin's Home
The Finance Department
The Mendoza College of
Business Home Page
The Notre Dame Home Page