40610 - Security Analysis
Professor Shane A. Corwin
Fall Semester 2012
- Final Grades: Click here to view final grades for the valuation project and final exam, as well as final semester grades.
notes will either be provided in class or made available for download
from this site. Additional Notes and Examples will be posted below
as they become avaiable.
Problems, and Textbook Supporting Materials:
the semester, I will provide example problems associated with the
material we cover in class. Solutions to these example problems will be
available below. Aswath Damodaran also provides extensive data and
information to support his textbook. This information can be
accessed at: Investment
Valuation (3rd edition) web page.
- Exam 1 was held on Monday, September 24th. Click here to view the solutions for Exam 1.
- Exam 2
was held on Wednesday, October 31st. Click here to view the solutions for Exam 2.
- The Final
Exam will be held on Friday, December 14th from 1:45-3:45
p.m. in DeBartolo room 155.
will need a calculator and a formula sheet for all exams.
here to download sample exams and quizzes from previous semesters: Quiz 1, Quiz
2, Quiz 3, Quiz 4, Quiz
5, Midterm, and Final Exam (Taser Financials).
- Additional sample quizzes/exams: Quiz 1 (answers), Quiz 2, Quiz 3, Quiz 4, Quiz 5, Midterm Exam (answers), Final Exam (answers).
- The final version of the valuation model is due on Thursday, December 6th at 5:00 p.m.
here to download the instructions for the Valuation
- Group presentations will be held on Monday, December 3rd and Wednesday, December 5th. Check back here to view the presentation schedule. You are required to attend only the presentation during which your group is presenting. Please note that the one-page valuation tear sheets (summary pages) are due on the day of your presentation.
1 - Business and Industry Description (due Wednesday, September 5th).
- Assignment 2 - Bloomberg Information Collection and Financial Ratio Analysis (due Wednesday, September 19th).
3 - Cost of Capital Analysis (due Monday, October 8th).
4 - Cash Flow Analysis (due Monday, November 5th).
5 - Growth Analysis (due Tuesday, November 27th
Monday, November 19th).
Other Useful Links:
duLac: A Guide to Student Life
The Notre Dame Academic Code of
Page of Finance and Business Links
Books Related to Markets, Trading, and Careers in
Professor Corwin's Home
The Finance Department
The Mendoza College of
Business Home Page
The Notre Dame Home Page