40610 - Security Analysis
Professor Shane A. Corwin
Fall Semester 2014
- Group Project: The final group project and tear sheet are due by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 11th. Group presentations are scheduled for Monday, December 8th and Wednesday, December 10th. Click here to view the presentation schedule.
- Final Exam: Our final exam will be held from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, December 16th in 101 Jordan Hall. Please remember that you will need a calculator and a formula sheet for the exam.
- Recruiting Contact Information: Click on this link to view contact and recruiting information related to recruiting opportunities I have mentioned in class.
notes will either be provided in class or made available for download
from this site. Additional Notes and Examples will be posted below
as they become avaiable.
Problems, and Textbook Supporting Materials:
the semester, I will provide example problems from the textbook that are related to the
material we cover in class. Solutions to these suggested problems will be
available below. Aswath Damodaran also provides extensive data and
information to support his textbook. This information can be
accessed at: Investment
Valuation (3rd edition) web page.
- In addition to the suggested problems from the textbook, I will assign a homework set related to each lecture topic. These homework problems will be turned in and graded and you should be prepared to discuss your solutions in class. Homework solutions will be posted below after each homework is turned in.
Throughout the semester, we will work on a series of Case Study questions related to the valuation of Nike. Click here to download the Nike Case Study and check below for the related solutions and other information necessary to complete the Nike questions.
- Exam 1 was held on Wednesday, October 1st. Click here to view the solutions from Exam 1.
- Exam 2
was held on Wednesday, November 5th. Click here to view grades and solutions from Exam 2.
- The Final
Exam will be held on Tuesday, December 16th from 7:30-9:30
will need a calculator and a formula sheet for all exams.
here to download sample exams and quizzes from previous semesters: Quiz 1, Quiz
2, Quiz 3, Quiz 4, Quiz
5, Midterm, and Final Exam (Taser Financials).
- Additional sample quizzes/exams: Quiz 1 (answers), Quiz 2, Quiz 3, Quiz 4, Quiz 5, Midterm Exam (answers), Final Exam (answers).
- The final version of the valuation model is due on Thursday, December 11th at 5:00 p.m.
here to download the instructions for the Valuation
- Group presentations will be held on Monday, December 8th and Wednesday, December 10th. Check back here to view the presentation schedule. You are required to attend presentations only during the session in which your group is presenting. Please note that the one-page valuation tear sheet (summary page) is due on the day of your presentation. Click here to view some example tear sheets from past semesters.
1 - Business and Industry Description (due Wednesday, September 10th).
- Assignment 2 - Bloomberg Information Collection and Financial Ratio Analysis (due Wednesday, September 24th).
3 - Cost of Capital Analysis (due Monday, October 13th).
4 - Cash Flow Analysis (due Monday, November 10th).
5 - Growth Analysis (due Monday, November 24th).
Other Useful Links:
duLac: A Guide to Student Life
The Notre Dame Academic Code of
Page of Finance and Business Links
Books Related to Markets, Trading, and Careers in
Professor Corwin's Home
The Finance Department
The Mendoza College of
Business Home Page
The Notre Dame Home Page