40610 - Security Analysis
Professor Shane A. Corwin
Fall Semester 2013
- Thanks for a great semester. Click here to view final grades, as well as scores on the final exam and final project.
notes will either be provided in class or made available for download
from this site. Additional Notes and Examples will be posted below
as they become avaiable.
Problems, and Textbook Supporting Materials:
the semester, I will provide example problems from the textbook that are related to the
material we cover in class. Solutions to these suggested problems will be
available below. Aswath Damodaran also provides extensive data and
information to support his textbook. This information can be
accessed at: Investment
Valuation (3rd edition) web page.
- In addition to the suggested problems from the textbook, I will assign a homework set related to each lecture topic. These homework problems will be turned in and graded and you should be prepared to discuss your solutions in class. Homework solutions will be posted below after each homework is turned in.
- Exam 1 was held on Wednesday, October 2nd.
- Exam 2
was held on Wednesday, November 6th.
- The Final
Exam will be held on Monday, December 16th from 7:30-9:30
p.m. in 101 Jordan Hall.
will need a calculator and a formula sheet for all exams.
here to download sample exams and quizzes from previous semesters: Quiz 1, Quiz
2, Quiz 3, Quiz 4, Quiz
5, Midterm, and Final Exam (Taser Financials).
- Additional sample quizzes/exams: Quiz 1 (answers), Quiz 2, Quiz 3, Quiz 4, Quiz 5, Midterm Exam (answers), Final Exam (answers).
- The final version of the valuation model is due on
Thursday, December 12th Friday, December 13th at 5:00 p.m
here to download the instructions for the Valuation
- Group presentations will be held on Monday, December 3rd and Wednesday, December 5th. Check back here to view the presentation schedule. You are required to attend only the presentation during which your group is presenting. Please note that the one-page valuation tear sheets (summary pages) are due on the day of your presentation.
1 - Business and Industry Description (due Wednesday, September 11th).
- Assignment 2 - Bloomberg Information Collection and Financial Ratio Analysis (due Wednesday, September 25th).
3 - Cost of Capital Analysis (due Monday, October 14th).
4 - Cash Flow Analysis (due Monday, November 11th).
5 - Growth Analysis (due Monday, November 25th).
Other Useful Links:
duLac: A Guide to Student Life
The Notre Dame Academic Code of
Page of Finance and Business Links
Books Related to Markets, Trading, and Careers in
Professor Corwin's Home
The Finance Department
The Mendoza College of
Business Home Page
The Notre Dame Home Page