40610 - Security Analysis
Professor Shane A. Corwin
Fall Semester 2015
- Final Grades: Click here to view final grades, including scores on the final exam and final project.
Equity speakers sponsored
by the Notre Dame Institute
for Global Investing
Coyle (Permira Advisors) -
Friday, September 25th 3:30-5:00 p.m., DeBartolo room 141
– Jim Berges (Clayton, Dubilier, and Rice) -
Tuesday, November 17th 5:00-6:30 p.m., DeBartolo room 102
notes will either be provided in class or made available for download
from this site. Additional Notes and Examples will be posted below
as they become avaiable.
Problems, and Textbook Supporting Materials:
the semester, I will provide example problems from the textbook that are related to the
material we cover in class. Solutions to these suggested problems will be
available below. Aswath Damodaran also provides extensive data and
information to support his textbook. This information can be
accessed at: Investment
Valuation (3rd edition) web page.
- In addition to the suggested problems from the textbook, I will assign a homework set related to each lecture topic. These homework problems will be turned in and graded and you should be prepared to discuss your solutions in class. Homework solutions will be posted below after each homework is turned in.
- Throughout the semester, we will work on a series of Case Study questions related to the valuation of Nike. Click here to download the Nike Case Study and check below for related solutions and other information necessary to complete the Nike questions.
- Click here to view final grades, including scores on the final exam and final project.
- Exam 1 was held on Wednesday, September 30th. Click here to view the exam solutions.
- Exam 2
was held on Wednesday, November 4th. Click here to view the exam solutions.
- The Final
Exam will be held on Monday, December 14th from 7:30-9:30
p.m. in the Jordan auditorium in the Mendoza College of Business (110 Mendoza).
(note: this is different from our originally scheduled exam time).
will need a calculator and a formula sheet for all exams.
here to download sample exams and quizzes from previous semesters: Quiz 1, Quiz
2, Quiz 3, Quiz 4, Quiz
5, Midterm, and Final Exam (answers) (Taser Financials).
- Additional sample quizzes/exams: Quiz 1 (answers), Quiz 2, Quiz 3, Quiz 4, Quiz 5, Midterm Exam (answers), Final Exam (answers).
- Additional sample exams from 2014: exam #1 2014 (solutions), exam #2 2014 (solutions), final exam 2014 (solutions).
- The final version of the valuation model is due on Thursday, December 10th at 5:00 p.m.
here to download the instructions for the Valuation
- Group presentations will be held on Monday, December 7th and Wednesday, December 9th. Check back here to view the presentation schedule. You are required to attend presentations only during the session in which your group is presenting. Please note that the one-page valuation tear sheet (summary page) is due on the day of your presentation. Click here to view some example tear sheets from past semesters.
1 - Business and Industry Description (due Wednesday, September 9th).
- Assignment 2 - Bloomberg Information Collection and Financial Ratio Analysis (due Wednesday, September 23rd).
3 - Cost of Capital Analysis (due Monday, October 12th).
4 - Cash Flow Analysis (due Monday, November 9th).
5 - Growth Analysis (due Monday, November 23rd).
Other Useful Links:
duLac: A Guide to Student Life
The Notre Dame Academic Code of
Page of Finance and Business Links
Books Related to Markets, Trading, and Careers in
Professor Corwin's Home
The Finance Department
The Mendoza College of
Business Home Page
The Notre Dame Home Page