- PhD Students
249D Fitzpatrick Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology , Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2009
My research interests are on chip-to-chip optical integration for developing a mid-IR on-chip modular optical sensing system and incorporating mid-infrared vibrational spectroscopic approaches with label-free biomarker detection using microfluidic.
1. Tahsin Ahmed, Erick Foster, Genevieve Vigil, Aamir A Khan, Paul Bohn, Scott S Howard, “Label free detection of phospholipids by infrared absorption spectroscopy,” Proc. SPIE 9166, Biosensing and Nanomedicine VII, 91660H (August 27, 2014).
2. Tahsin Ahmed, Aamir A Khan, Genevieve Vigil, Jason M Kulick, Gary H Bernstein, Anthony J Hoffman, Scott S Howard, “Optical Quilt Packaging: A New Chip-to-Chip Optical Coupling and Alignment Process for Modular Sensors,” CLEO: Applications and Technology,San Jose, California, USA, June 8-13, 2014.
3. Tahsin Ahmed, Thomas Butler, Aamir A. Khan, Jason M. Kulick, Gary H. Bernstein, Anthony J. Hoffman, and Scott S. Howard, “FDTD modeling of chip-to-chip waveguide coupling via optical quilt packaging,” Proc. SPIE 8844, Optical System Alignment, Tolerancing, and Verification VII, 88440C (September 10, 2013). http://proceedings.spiedigitallibrary.org/proceeding.aspx?articleid=1736995
4. Genevieve D. Vigil, Alexander J. Adami, Tahsin Ahmed, Aamir Khan, Sarah Chapman, Biree Andemariam, Roger S. Thrall, and Scott S. Howard, “Label-free and depth resolved optical sectioning of iron-complex deposits in sickle cell disease splenic tissue by multiphoton microscopy,” J. Biomed. Opt. 20(6), 066001 (Jun 04, 2015).
5. Aamir A. Khan, Eric R. DeLeon, Tahsin Ahmed, Susan K. Fullerton-Shirey, Kenneth R. Olson, and Scott S. Howard, “Chemical Probes for Two-Photon Bioimaging Based on Surfactant Nanomicelles and Ormosil PEBBLEs,” CLEO: Applications and Technology, San Jose, California, USA, June 9-14, 2013. http://www.opticsinfobase.org/abstract.cfm?URI=CLEO_AT-2013-JTu4A.107
6. Aamir A Khan, Tahsin Ahmed, Genevieve Vigil, Susan K Fullerton-Shirey, Scott S Howard, “Photophysical properties of novel Ru-complex probes for two-photon dissolved oxygen imaging,” CLEO: Applications and Technology,San Jose, California, USA, June 8-13, 2014.
7. Genevieve Vigil, Tahsin Ahmed, Aamir Kahn, Scott Howard, Alexander Adami, Roger Thrall, “Intrinsic Two-Photon Excited Fluorescence of Sickle Cell Disease Tissue using Multiphoton Microscopy,” Biomedical Optics, 2014.