CBE 20258 - Numerical and Statistical Analysis
SyllabusClick here to see the course syllabus.
TA's will be available in B19 at:
TA's will be available outside this time by appointment.
- W 5-6pm (HW help)
- Fr 4-5pm (quiz help)
The TA's are:
- The notes from last year's version are located here.
- The Matlab Online Documentation website is located at http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/index.html.
This website provides information on all matlab functions, with useful examples.
- To get help on any command, just type "help" at the command prompt in matlab, followed by the command you are interested in. To see the detailed documentation of any function, just type "doc" followed by the function name.
Tutorials, Quizzes, and Homework Assignments
Each week students will do the following:
We will be alternating assignments developing your algorithm skills (e.g., how you approach problems)
and your programming skills (e.g., implementation of the algorithms). The final project will be due no later than 6pm, May 03, 2018 (e.g., the last class day).
- Attend the regular Tuesday and Thursday class in DBTL
- View the brief on-line tutorial on the class site in Sakai
- Complete the on-line quiz in Sakai (by midnight on Sunday before the tutorials). The quizzes will be based on the tutorial video and the prior week's lectures.
- Attend the weekly tutorial (lab session) for help on assignments.
- Complete the weekly homework assignment, due in the CBE office by 4:30pm on Thursdays