Hosting the Folk Choir
If your parish is interested in hosting the folk choir, please contact the group as soon as possible. The following timeline is a sketch of suggested preparations for the group's visit to your community.
- 6 months prior
- Contact the president of your local Notre Dame Alumni Club to discuss publicity and housing for the choir's visit.
- Contact diocesan offices, area youth ministry programs, and liturgical committees about publicity; be in touch with other local church communities to publicize visit.
- Enlist housing planners at your parish to coordinate host families.
- 3 months prior
- Receive publicity posters in your parish directly from the choir.
- Discuss specific musical services with the choir's director (see below).
- Finalize itinerary and check for meals hosted by families, parishioners, and/or alumni.
- 6 weeks prior
- Begin appeal in your parish bulletin for host families.
- Explore the possibility of coverage by local television and/or radio stations.
- 4 weeks prior
- Receive a finalized housing list from the choir in your parish.
- Finalize your local host families.
- Finalize the repertoire between the choir's director and your parish's music director.
- 2 weeks prior
- Check for last-minute changes.
- Confirm details on meals and scheduled events.
- 1 week prior
- Check weather reports for potential problems.
The choir will light a candle at the Grotto and receive a blessing from a Holy Cross priest before our departure from campus. Thank you again for your interest in our parish outreach ministry.