Lumpkins Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Mathematics
University of Notre Dame
Check out a map of the model theory universe.
This semester I am at the Institut Henri Poincaré attending the Model Theory, Combinatorics and Valued Fields trimester program.
- Tame expansions of the group of integers and other stable groups; connections between the model theory of such expansions and additive combinatorics.
- Model theory of homogeneous structures, especially homogeneous metric spaces and metrically homogeneous graphs.
- General classification and dividing lines among unstable theories, especially unstable theories without the strict order property.
- G. Conant, There are no intermediate structures between the group of integers and Presburger arithmetic, to appear in Journal of Symbolic Logic (arXiv)
- G. Conant & A. Pillay, Stable groups and expansions of (Z,+,0), to appear in Fundamenta Mathematicae (arXiv)
- G. Conant, Forking and dividing in Henson graphs, Notre Dame J. Formal Logic 58 (2017), no. 4, 555-566 (arXiv)
- G. Conant, An axiomatic approach to free amalgamation, J. Symbolic Logic 82 (2017), no. 2, 648-671 (arXiv)
- G. Conant, Neostability in countable homogeneous metric spaces, Ann. Pure Appl. Logic 168 (2017), no. 7, 1442-1471 (arXiv)
- G. Conant, Distance structures for generalized metric spaces, Ann. Pure Appl. Logic 168 (2017), no. 3, 622-650 (arXiv)
- G. Conant, A remark on strict independence relations, Arch. Math. Logic 55 (2016), no. 3-4, 535-544 (arXiv)
- G. Conant & C. Terry, Model theoretic properties of the Urysohn sphere, Ann. Pure Appl. Logic 167 (2016), no. 1, 49-72 (arXiv)
Model Theory and Combinatorics of Homogeneous Metric Spaces
University of Illinois at Chicago, 2015
Advisor: Dave Marker
Selected Slide Talks
- Group reducts of Presburger arithmetic - Graduate Student Conference in Logic (plenary address)
University of Notre Dame, April 9, 2016
- Unstable theories without the strict order property - ASL Winter Meeting
Joint Mathematics Meetings, Seattle, WA, January 8, 2016
- Model theory of generalized Urysohn spaces - BIRS Workshop on Homogeneous Structures
Banff International Research Station, November 12, 2015
- An axiomatic approach to free amalgamation - BIRS Neostability Theory Workshop
Casa Matemática Oaxaca, July 15, 2015
- Extending Isometries in Generalized Metric Spaces - BLAST 2015
University of North Texas, June 9, 2015 — correction
- Model Theory and Combinatorics of Homogeneous Metric Spaces - ASL North American Annual Meeting
Urbana, IL, March 25, 2015
- Model Theory of the Urysohn Sphere, part 1 - Logic Seminar
University of Illinois at Chicago, September 24, 2013
- Model Theory and Forking Independence - Graduate Student Colloquium
University of Illinois at Chicago, April 22, 2013
- Forking and Dividing in Random Graphs - Graduate Student Conference in Logic
University of Notre Dame, April 29, 2012