The Homepage of Greg Cousins
I am a sixth year PhD student in the Math Department of the University of Notre Dame. My current interests include model theory and its interactions with
other areas of mathematics. In particular, I am interested in the model theory of fields, and in connections between model theory and algebraic geometry and number theory. I also have a soft spot for
the foundations of physics.
University of Notre Dame
Department of Mathematics
221 Hayes-Healy Centre (Office)
255 Hurley Hall (Mailing Address)
Notre Dame, Indiana
My advisor is Anand Pillay.
Publications and Preprints:
Quentin Brouette, Greg Cousins, Anand Pillay & Francoise Point (2018) Embedded Picard–Vessiot extensions, Communications in Algebra, 46:11, 4609-4615, DOI: 10.1080/00927872.2018.1448848
Campion, Tim, Greg Cousins, and Jinhe Ye. "Classifying spaces and the Lascar group." arXiv preprint arXiv:1808.04915 (2018). (Submitted)
Corps et Chirurgie (Fields and Surgery)
- An english translation of the paper by Pillay and Poizat.
Pseudofinite Model Theory
- Notes taken by students attending a topics course given by Anand Pillay in the Fall of 2014 at Notre Dame.
- Notes taken by students attending a topics course given by Anand Pillay in 2017 at Notre Dame.
Hrushovski's PhD Thesis
- A good quality copy of Hrushovski's PhD thesis that I've converted to a (mostly) searchable file.
The Elementary Theory of Regularly Closed Fields
- An unpublished and influential paper by Cherlin, van den Dries, and MacIntyre on the model theory of PAC fields.
A Map of the Model Theory Universe created by Gabe Conant!
Mathematics Graduate Student Association
Oxford Logic Group
Notre Dame Logic Group
Thanks to Boris Zilber for inspiring this webpage!