The purpose of this student chapter is to:
- Increase the number of minority engineering and science students at the University of Notre Dame.
- Promote the advancement of minority engineering and scientist in employment and education.
- Improve the retention of minority students enrolled in engineering and science.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information pertinent to minority engineering/science students enrolled at the University of Notre Dame.
- Develop a working network with area schools to encourage minority students to enter the engineering and science fields.
- Promote professional advancement for minority engineers and scientists by fostering cooperation among industry, government, and the academic and professional commentates to improve educational and employment opportunities.
HES is an organization dedicated to creating community among our members for academic excellence and professional development.
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
MISSION: SHPE changes lives by empowering the Hispanic community to realize its fullest potential and to impact the world through STEM awareness, access, support and development.
VISION: SHPE's vision is a world where Hispanics are highly valued and influential as the leading innovators, scientists, mathematicians and engineers.