- See also the "Media" page for audio and video interviews not yet included here.
- Abbey, Ruth and Charles Taylor. "Communitarianism, Taylor-made: An Interview with Charles Taylor." The Australian Quarterly 68, no. 1 (Autumn, 1996): 1-10. In English. http://www.jstor.org/stable/20634713;.
- ———. "The Articulated Life: An Interview with Charles Taylor." Reason in Practice 1, no. 3 (2001). http://dx.doi.org/10.5840/pom2001132.
- Ancelovici, Marcos, Francis Dupuis-Déri, and Charles Taylor. "Entretien Avec Charles Taylor." In L'Archipel Identitaire. Montréal: Boréal, 1997. 23-36. In French.
- Translated as "Interview with Professor Charles Taylor." Citizenship Studies 2 (1998): 247-256.
- Beaulieu, Alain and Charles Taylor. "A Conversation with Charles Taylor." Symposium: Canadian Journal of Continental Philosophy (Revue Canadienne De Philosophie Continentale) 9, no. 1 (Mar., 2005): 115-127.
- Benson, Bruce Ellis and Charles Taylor. "What it Means to be Secular: A Conversaton with Philosopher Charles Taylor." Books & Culture 8, no. 4 (July/August, 2002): 36. In English. http://www.booksandculture.com/articles/2002/julaug/14.36.html.
- Blaikie, Daniel and Charles Taylor. "An Interview with Charles Taylor on Faith, Philosophy, and Politics." Gnosis 11, no. 1 (2010). http://artsciweb.concordia.ca/ojs/index.php/gnosis/article/view/6.
- Bloor, Chris and Charles Taylor. "Interivew with Charles Taylor." Philosophy Now (Sept/Oct, 2009). http://www.philosophynow.org/issue74/74taylor.htm.
- Bohmann, Ulf and Darío Montero. "History, Critique, Social Change and Democracy an Interview with Charles Taylor." Constellations 21, no. 1 (2014): 3-15. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1467-8675.12069/abstract.
- Brière, Marc and Charles Taylor. Le
Québec, Quel Québec? Dialogues Avec Charles Taylor, Claude Ryan Et
Quelques Autres Sur Le Libéralisme Et Le Nationalisme Québécois. Montréal: A Stanké, 2001. In French.
- Campion, Sonali and Charles Taylor. "Five Minutes with Charles Taylor: “In Order to make Ourselves Safe we Need to Resist Stigmatising Sections of the Population”." Democratic Audit UK (Jan 6, 2016).http://www.democraticaudit.com/?p=18662.
In December 2015, the Canadian philosopher Professor Charles Taylor gave a lecture at LSE entitled Democracy, Diversity, Religion. During his visit, Democratic Audit’s Sonali Campion spoke to him about democracy’s inbuilt weaknesses, and how European governments need to resist veering towards exclusion in responding to the challenges posed by the Paris attacks and ISIS.
- Carnevale, Franco A., Daniel M. Weinstock, and Charles Taylor. "Toward a Hermeneutical Conception of Medicine: A Conversation with Charles Taylor." Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 36, no. 4 (August 01, 2011): 436-445.
- Costa, Paolo and Charles Taylor. "Perché La Natura Ama Nascondersi: A Colloquio Con Charles Taylor." Filosofia e Teologia 21, no. 3 (: 561-573. In Italian.
- ———. "A Colloquio Con Charles Taylor." Annali Di Studi Religiosi 1 (2000): 391-404. In Italian.
- Rebekah Cumpsty, Karl O'Hanlon, and Charles Taylor, . "Our Subtler Languages: An Interview with Charles Taylor." Eborakon (4 Aug, 2016). https://www.eborakon.com/2016/08/04/our-subtler-languages-an-interview-with-charles-taylor/.
- de Lara, Philippe and Charles Taylor. "De l’anthropologie Philosophique à La Politique De La Reconnaissance: Entretien De Philippe De Lara Avec Charles Taylor." In Charles Taylor Et l’interprétation De l’identité Moderne,
edited by Guy Laforest and Philippe de Lara. Paris;Sainte Foy;: Centre
Culturel International de Cerisy-la-Salle, Cerf;Les Presses de
l'Université Laval;, 1998. In French.
- Translated as "From Philosophical Anthropology to the Politics of Recognition: An Interview with Philippe De Lara." Thesis Eleven 52 (Feb., 1998): 103-112. http://the.sagepub.com/content/52/1/103.full.pdf.
- ———. "Qu'Est-Ce Qu'Une Philosophique Morale Réaliste? Entretien De Philippe De Lara Avec Charles Taylor." In Charles Taylor Et l’interprétation De l’identité Moderne,
edited by Guy Laforest and Philippe de Lara. Paris;Sainte Foy;: Centre
Culturel International de Cerisy-la-Salle, Cerf;Les Presses de
l'Université Laval;, 1998. 365-370. In French.
- Derbyshire, Jonathan and Charles Taylor. "The Books Interview: Charles Taylor." New Statesman (23 February, 2012). http://www.newstatesman.com/books/2012/02/interview-secularism-religion.
- Dyke, Nathalie and Charles Taylor. "Redefinir la famille: Entrevue Avec Charles Taylor." Mokasofa (23 mars, 2003). In French.
- Michael Enright and Charles Taylor. "Charles Taylor's Clear-Eyed Vision of our Distress, Coupled to a Deep-Rooted Celebration of Humanity." Audio recording. 35:06. January 22, 2017. http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thesundayedition/the-trudeau-vacation-saying-no-to-chemo-marjorie-harris-retires-charles-taylor-on-trump-1.3941092/charles-taylor-s-clear-eyed-vision-of-our-distress-coupled-to-a-deep-rooted-celebration-of-humanity-1.3941096.
- Flahive, Paul and Charles Taylor. "The Source: Language and Humanity [Interview with Charles Taylor]." Texas Public Radio. Audiorecording. March 21, 2016. http://tpr.org/post/source-language-and-humanity#stream/0.
- Paul Flahive and Charles Taylor . "The Interview: Canadian Philosopher Charles Taylor." ABC Sunday Nights. May 1, 2016. http://www.abc.net.au/sundaynights/stories/s4453648.htm.
- Taylor, Charles and Michel Foucault. "Politics and Ethics: An Interview." In the Foucault Reader, edited by Paul Rabinow. New York: Pantheon, 1984. 373-380.
- Taylor, Charles and Akbar Ganji. "Akbar Ganji in Conversation with Charles Taylor." The Immanent Frame (December 23, 2008). http://blogs.ssrc.org/tif/2008/12/23/akbar-ganji-in-conversation-with-charles-taylor/
Excerpts from a dialogue between Akbar Ganji and Charles Taylor. The interview took place over two days in April of 2007, at Northwestern University. It was translated by Ahmad Sadri, transcribed by Morteza Dehghani and will appear at the end of a Persian translation of Taylor’s Varieties of Religion Today: William James Revisited, for which Taylor has written a new foreword for his Iranian readers. Readers can download the full English transcript of the dialogue here. For more background on Akbar Ganji see his website.
Full transcript available here.
- Gelonesi, Joe and Charles Taylor. "Interview with Charles Taylor." The Philosopher's Zone. Audiorecording. 29 May, 2016. http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/philosopherszone/charles-taylor/7438378.
- Haffner, John, Andy Lamey, and Charles Taylor. "Interview: Charles Taylor." Hypatia Alexandreias 2, no. 1 (1993): 13-25.
- Halmer, Nikolaus and Charles Taylor. "Von Der Macht Der Sprache: Interview Mit Charles Taylor." Mesotes 1 (1991): 85-87. In German.
- Imbelli, Rev. Robert P. and Charles Taylor. "Revitalizing the Catholic Intellectual Tradition on Catholic University Campuses: A Conversation with Charles Taylor." Boston College, November 10, 2013. http://youtu.be/8rllQDvVSso
- Jean, Michaëlle and Charles Taylor. "Le Redresseur De Tordus." L'Actualité (Juillet, 1998): 18-20. In French.
- Kearney, Richard and Charles Taylor. "Federations and Nations: Living among Others." In States of Mind: Dialogues with Contemporary Thinkers, edited by Richard Kearney, 1995. 23-32.
- Koppelman, Andrew and Charles Taylor. "Taylor-made Selves [Interview with Charles Taylor]." The Philosopher's Magazine 12 (Autumn 2000, 2000): 37-40.
- Kot, Elżbieta, Łukasz Tischner, Wojciech Bonowicz, Tomáš Halík, and Charles Taylor. "Jaskinia Filozofów." Miesięcznik "Znak" 666 (November, 2010). In Polish. http://www.miesiecznik.znak.com.pl/Tekst/pokaz/4330.
- Kuipers, Ronald A. and Charles Taylor. "The New Atheism and the Spiritual Landscape of the West: A Conversation with Charles Taylor (Part One of Three)." The Other Journal.Com: An Intersection of Theology and Culture 11, no. "Atheism" (June 12, 2008). http://theotherjournal.com/print.php?id=375.
- ———. "Religious Belonging in an "Age of Authenticity": A Conversation with Charles Taylor (Part Two of Three)." The Other Journal.Com: An Intersection of Theology and Culture 12, no. "Aesthetics" (June 23, 2008). http://theotherjournal.com/article.php?id=376.
- ———. "Accommodation, Islamophobia, and the Politics of Mobilization: A Conversation with Charles Taylor (Part Three of Three)." The Other Journal.Com: An Intersection of Theology and Culture 13, no. "The Politics of Change" (October 9, 2008). http://theotherjournal.com/article.php?id=440.
- ———. "New Atheism and the Spiritual Landscape of the West: An Interview with Charles Taylor." In "God is Dead” and I Don’t Feel so Good Myself: Theological Engagements with New Atheism, edited by Andrew David, Christopher J. Keller and Jon Stanley. Eugene, OR: Cascade Books, 2010. http://theotherjournal.com/print.php?id=375.
- Leblanc, Gérard and Charles Taylor. "Un Géant Campé Dans La Modernité." La Presse (26 Fev., 1994): B6. In French.
- ———. "Charles Taylor En Entrevue à La Presse." La Presse (16 Sept., 1995). In French.
- Magee, Bryan and Charles Taylor. "Marxist Philosophy." In Men of Ideas, edited by Bryan Magee. New York: Viking Press, 1978. 42-58.
- ———. "Marxist Philosophy." [Marxist Philosophy] In Milli Egitin Basimaki. Istanbul: , 1979. In Turkish.
- ———. "Marxist Philosophy." In Talking Philosophy: Dialogues with Fifteen Leading Philosophers, edited by Bryan Magee. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001.
- James McEvoy and Charles Taylor. "Radio Interview with Charles Taylor and James McEvoy about A Secular Age." Encounters, Sept. 6 2009(Audiorecording).
- Krüger, Hans-Peter and Charles Taylor. "Glaube Und Vernunft. Ironie in Derconditio Humana?" Deutsche Zeitschrift Für Philosophie 60, no. 5 (2012): 763-784. In German. http://www.oldenbourg-link.com/doi/abs/10.1524/dzph.2012.0056.
taylor explains a broader understanding of faith as well as of reason
in his philosophical anthropology. in leading one’s own life, faith
contains more than having certain beliefs, and reason grasps more than
having scientific methods. taylor answers questions regarding the
relation of his great narrative to the approaches of M. heidegger, M.
merleau-ponty, M. foucault, K. jaspers, and S. eisenstadt (axial
cultures and multiple modernities). insofar as the secularization of
christianity involves ironic reversals, all main directions in western
modernity (forms of religion, secular humanism, and anti-humanism) are
faced with dilemmas. instead of looking for scapegoats in the others,
all directions are called upon to cooperate. the open questionability of
the human condition has no last answer.
- Taylor, Charles, C. Lalaut, Mo Padis, and Jl Schlegel. "Live in Pluralism: Interview with Charles Taylor." Esprit, no. 10 (2014): 22-31
- McPherson, David and Charles Taylor. "Re-Enchanting the World: An Interview with Charles Taylor." Philosophy & Theology 24, no. 2 (07, 2012): 275-294. doi:10.5840/philtheo1201224215. http://www.pdcnet.org/collection/browse?start=10&fq=philtheol%2fYear%2f6988%7c2012%2f&fp=philtheol.
interview with charles taylor explores a central concern throughout his
work, viz., his concern to confront the challenges presented by the
process of'disenchantment in the modern world. it focuses especially on
what is involved in seeking a kind of 're-enchantment.' A key issue that
is discussed is the relationship of taylor's theism to his effort of
seeking re-enchantment. some other related issues that are explored
pertain to questions surrounding taylor's argument against the standard
secularization thesis that views secularization as a process involving
the ineluctable fading away of religion. additionally, the relationship
between taylor's religious views and his philosophical work is
discussed. ABSTRACT FROM AUTHOR]; copyright of philosophy & theology
is the property of philosophy documentation center and its content may
not be copied or emailed to multiple sites or posted to a listserv
without the copyright holder's express written permission. however,
users may print, download, or email articles for individual use. this
abstract may be abridged. no warranty is given about the accuracy of the
copy. users should refer to the original published version of the
material for the full abstract. (copyright applies to all abstracts.).
- Meany, Thomas, Yascha Mounk, and Charles Taylor. "Spiritual Gains." The Utopian (20 September, 2010). http://www.the-utopian.org/2010/09/Spiritual-Gains.html.
- Morita, Akihiko and Charles Taylor. "The New Horizon of Human Rights - Dialogue with Charles Taylor." Fujiwara-Shoten (2005).
- Carol Off and Charles Taylor . "Philosopher Charles Taylor on a More Inclusive World and Winning $1M Berggruen Prize." CBC Radio. Oct 5, 2016. http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-wednesday-edition-1.3792414/philosopher-charles-taylor-on-a-more-inclusive-world-and-winning-1m-berggruen-prize-1.3792417.
- Joshua Ostroff and Charles Taylor . "Charles Taylor, Brains Behind Canadian Multiculturalism, Talks Trump, Brexit and Rise of Xenophobia." Huffington Post (Oct 28, 2016). http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/10/28/philosopher-charles-taylor_n_12494828.html.
- Steve Paulson and Charles Taylor. "Charles Taylor on the Secular." To the best of our knowledge, 18 March 2012. (Radio).
- Pichette, Jean and Charles Taylor. "Charles Taylor - Un Philosophe Enraciné Dans Le Monde." Le Devoir (14 Déc, 1992).
- Rogers, Ben and Charles Taylor. "Charles Taylor Interviewed." Prospect Magazine (February 29, 2008). http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/article_details.php?id=10030.
- Rosa, Hartmut, Arto Laitinen, and Charles Taylor. "On Identity, Alienation and the Consequences of September 11th: An Interview with Charles Taylor." Acta Philosophica Fennica 71 (2002): 165-195.
interview covers almost the whole range of charles taylor's political
and intellectual endeavor. it starts with a discussion of his new
project of exploring "modern social imaginaries" and of his
interpretation of 9/11. this is followed by a critical re-examination of
key concepts of social criticism, such as equality, justice, alienation
or recognition, and of the role intellectuals can play today. the focus
then shifts to taylor's political and intellectual background and his
sources of inspiration, such as E.P. thompson, merleau-ponty or
dostoyevsky. the last part seeks a clarification of contested aspects of
taylor's philosophical approach such as his notions of culture,
identity, personhood or strong evaluation and the somewhat uneasy
relationship between moral realism and radical self-interpretation.
- ———. "Interview: Tocqueville Statt Marx. Über Identität, Entfremdung Und Die Konsequenzen Des 11. September." Deutsche Zeitschrift Für Philosophie 50, no. 1 (2002): 127-148. In German.
- Roy, Réal and Charles Taylor. "Rencontre Avec Charles Taylor à Propos De Ses Oeuvres: Conférence De Charles Taylor." Cégep de Limoilou, 1998.
- Samuel, Raphael, Stuart Hall, and Charles Taylor. "Then and Now: A Re-Evaluation of the New Left." In Out of Apathy: Voices of the New Left Thirty Years on, edited by Robin Archer. London: Verso, 1989. 143-170.
Notes: Interview with charles taylor, raphael samuel and stuart hall.
- John Searle and Charles Taylor. "Voices: The Trouble with the Truth." 1988. (Videorecording).
- Robert Siegel and Charles Taylor. "Interview on “All Things Considered”." .
- Ray Suarez and Charles Taylor. "Interview on "the News Hour with Jim Lehrer"." The News Hour with Jim Lehrer, March 20 2007. (Videorecording).
- Swan, Michael. "Charlie Hebdo 'Part of the Situation' that Led to Attack, Says Charles Taylor." The Catholic Register (January 12, 2015). http://www.catholicregister.org/item/19513-charlie-hebdo-part-of-the-situation-that-led-to-attack-says-charles-taylor.
- Taylor, Charles. "Un Entretien Avec Charles Taylor." Le Monde (14-15 Mai, 1995): 12. In French.
- ———. "L'Expérience Intérieure." Le Devoir (4 Avr., 1998): D1-D2.
- ———. "The Ideal of Authenticity." Spiked Review January (January 2016). http://www.spiked-online.com/spiked-review/article/the-ideal-of-authenticity/17966#.V5IBEJMrJBx.
- ———. "Five Minutes with Charles Taylor: “In Order to make Ourselves Safe we Need to Resist Stigmatising Sections of the Population”." Democratic Audit UK (1 June, 2016). http://www.democraticaudit.com/?p=18662.
- ———. "Professor Charles Taylor ~ Faith as a Journey / Questioning Faith / Talking about God / what Kind of Religion Makes Sense in a Secular Age? / Rational Belief God." YouTube. Jun 12, 2017.
- Thompson, Simon and Charles Taylor. "'the Politics of Recognition': Interview with Charles Taylor." Newsletter of the Centre for Critical Theory, University of the West of England (August, 2002): 4-5.
- Throsby, Margaret and Charles Taylor. "Radio Interview with Philosopher Professor Charles Taylor." ABC Classic FM. Audiorecording. April 20, 2016.http://www.abc.net.au/classic/content/2016/04/20/4445271.htm.
- Anna Maria Tremoni and Charles Taylor. "Philosopher King: Charles Taylor." The Current (CBC Radio), 2012(Audiorecording).
- Trum, Phillip and Charles Taylor. "Thinker Taylor." Headway 3, no. 2 (Winter, 2008). http://publications.mcgill.ca/headway/magazine/in-focus-thinker-taylor/.
- Van Leeuwen, Bart, de Le Lombo, and Charles Taylor. "Charles Taylor on Secularization: Introduction and Interview." Ethical Perspectives: Journal of the European Ethics Network 10, no. 1 (2003): 78-86.
to charles taylor secularization is not so much a process that has
developed on neutral epistemic grounds, but rather on moral and
spiritual grounds. one aspect of this process is the turn to 'personal
religion' mediated by the reformation. this shift fits a broad cultural
pattern that arose during modernity and that he refers to as the ethics
of authenticity. this led not only to a rise in new kinds of religion
and spirituality, but also in the number of people who are declaring
themselves to be atheist or agnostic. in the interview, taylor explains
how this process can be interpreted in terms of a gradual shift from a
hierarchical social imaginary, where god is present in the sacred, to a
horizontal social imaginary in the form of a providential design. he
also discusses how the backlash against multiculturalism might be
related to the process of secularization. http://www.ethical-perspectives.be/viewpic.php?LAN=E&TABLE=EP&ID=315
- Von Thadden, Elisabeth and Charles Taylor. "In Der Zukunft Ankern [Interview]." Die Zeit, no. 27 (23. Juni 2016, 2016). In German.http://www.zeit.de/2016/27/charles-taylor-zuwanderung-aengste.
- Waleed Aly, Scott Stephens and Charles Taylor. "Can Democracies Resist Racial and Religious Exclusion? [Interview with Charles Taylor]." The Minefield. Audiorecording. 28 April, 2016. http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/theminefield/can-democracies-resist-racial-and-religious-exclusion/7303658.
- Jack Russell Weinstein and Charles Taylor. "A Secular Age." Why? Radio, October 10 2010.