|B.S.||University of Sofia, Bulgaria, 1983|
|M.Sc.||University of Sofia, Bulgaria, 1985|
|Ph.D.||Iowa State University, 1987-93 (advisor: John D. Corbett)|
|PostDoc||University of Chicago, 1993-95 (advisor: Jeremy Burdett)|
|2002 - present||Professor||University of Notre Dame|
|1999 - 2002||Associate Professor||University of Notre Dame|
|1995 - 1999||Assistant Professor||University of Notre Dame|
Honors, Awards, and Professional Service
- Member of the International Advisory Board of the Scientific Partner Group of the Max-Planck Institute (Dresden) and the Shanghai Institute of Ceramics (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of:
- The ExxonMobil Faculty Fellowship in Solid State Chemistry, 1999.
- Visiting Faculty, Unverisity of Versailles, France, March 2000.
- NSF CAREER award, 1997.
- Camille and Henry Dreyfus New Faculty Award, 1995.
- The annual Iowa State University award (the Zaffarano prize) for superior performance in graduate student research, 1993.
- Research excellence award in Inorganic Chemistry, Chemistry Department, Iowa State University.