A tool for documenting input/output examples—actual values that api functions take and return
Docio is a prototype toolset that helps api developers add input/output values in api documents.
Docio has three programs that are all hosted in Github.
Some i/o examples for FFmpeg (official website):
- av_image_get_buffer_size: i/o example
- av_get_channel_layout_nb_channels: i/o example
- av_gcd: i/o example
- av_codec_get_tag: i/o example
- av_packet_copy_props: i/o example
- avcodec_descriptor_get: i/o example
- av_frame_set_best_effort_timestamp: i/o example
The entire FFmpeg documents generated by Docio is here.
Some i/o examples for Libssh (official website):
The entire Libssh documents generated by Docio is here.
We prepared a VM for you to try out Docio. In the VM, we also installed FFmpeg and wrote instructions of how you can use docio to create i/o examples in documents. You can try Docio by following the instructions in tryDocio.txt in the folder of FFmpeg.
Using Docio on FFmpeg!