I am a Professor of Electrical Engineering and a concurrent Professor of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Notre Dame, having joined the faculty in January 2008. I received my B. Tech degree at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, and my M.S. and Ph.D. degrees at the California Institute of Technology, all in Electrical Engineering. I previously served as a research associate in the Institute for Systems Research at the University of Maryland, College Park, a consultant at the United Technologies Research Center, and as the Associate Chair and the Director for Graduate Studies in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Notre Dame. Current CV available here.
My current research interests are in the broad area of distributed decision making, using both data-driven and model-driven approaches, with applications to the emerging smart and integrated architecture of societal infrastructure such as transportation networks, power grid, and water distribution networks. Topics of interest include developing learning approaches suitable for control, compositional control for large scale systems, cyber-physical security and privacy, and incentive design in distributed estimation and control. More information can be found in my publication list.
- June 2021: Book chapter on detection of attacks in CPS is published in the Springer Book Safety, Security and Privacy for Cyber-Physical Systems.
- May 2021: Martin's and Krishna's paper on adversarial attacks in multi-agent reinforcement learning was presented at the American Control Conference 2021.
- May 2021: Nayara received her degree and heads off to Mathworks. Congratulations and good luck!
- May 2021: Bernardo's paper on optical spectroscopy sequential wavelength selection using a higher leverage approach accepted by IEEE Sensors Letters.
- May 2021: Nayara's paper on network-constrained stackelberg game for pricing demand flexibility in power distribution systems accepted by IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid.
- April 2021: New grant from AFOSR to study biophysics of learning using metaplasticity with Prof Robert Rosenbaum.
- April 2021: Krishna's and Sivaranjani's paper on safety during transient response in DC microgrids using control barrier functions accepted by IEEE Control Systems Society Letters.
- March 2021: New grant from AFOSR on mechanism design for control-theoretic objectives.
- March 2021: Luan's paper on a framework for enforing resilient operation of CPS with unknown dynamics accepted by IET Cyber Physical Systems: Theory and Applications.
Current Graduate Students:
Current Post-doctoral Scholars:
- Soumyadip Ghosh: Control-oriented techniques for fast parallel computation
- Bernardo Cruz: Robust machine learning, Data driven mid-infrared detection with noisy sensors
- Martin Figura: Efficient and robust multi-agent reinforcement learning
- Nayara Gomes de Aguiar: PhD 2021, presently at Mathworks
- Sivaranjani Seetharaman: PhD 2019, presently at Texas A&M
- Kewei Chen: PhD 2019, Jointly with Yih-Fang Huang, presently at Microsoft
- Donya Ghavidel-Dobhakshari: PhD 2019, presently at Ford Research
- Vaibhav Katewa: PhD 2016, presently at IISc Bangalore
- Vasundhara Anand: MS 2016, presently at Ford Motor Company
- Jie Liu: PhD 2015, presently at Oracle
- Wann-Jiun Ma: PhD 2015, presently at Stylyze
- Cheng-Zong Bai: PhD 2015, presently at Thermo Fisher
- Yingbo Zhao: PhD 2014, presently at Cymer LLC
- Xinzhi Zou: MS 2013, presently at Microsoft
- Jing Huang: PhD 2012 (jointly with Yih-Fang Huang), presently at Snap Inc
- Rahul Singh: MS 2011, presently at IISc Bangalore
- Utsaw Kumar: PhD 2012 (jointly with Nick Laneman), presently at Facebook
- Luan Nguyen: Post-doc, presently at University of Dayton
- Lanlan Su: Post-doc, presently at University of Leicester
- Ashkan Zeinalzadeh: Post-doc, presently at Adon Renewable
- Yue Wang: Post-doc (jointly with Panos Antsaklis), presently at Clemson
- Getachew Befekadu: Post-doc (jointly with Panos Antsaklis), presently at Morgan State
- Surya Shravan Sajja: Post-doc (jointly with Panos Antsaklis), presently at IBM IRL
I am looking for motivated graduate students and post-docs. If you are
interested in working with me, please send me an
email with your CV.
Last updated: May 2021