I am a Professor of Electrical Engineering and a concurrent Professor of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Notre Dame, having joined the faculty in January 2008. I received my B. Tech degree at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, and my M.S. and Ph.D. degrees at the California Institute of Technology, all in Electrical Engineering. I previously served as a research associate in the Institute for Systems Research at the University of Maryland, College Park, a consultant at the United Technologies Research Center, and as the Associate Chair and the Director for Graduate Studies in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Notre Dame. Current CV available here.
My current research interests are in the broad area of distributed decision making, using both data-driven and model-driven approaches, with applications to the emerging smart and integrated architecture of societal infrastructure such as transportation networks, power grid, and water distribution networks. Topics of interest include developing learning approaches suitable for control, compositional control for large scale systems, cyber-physical security and privacy, and incentive design in distributed estimation and control. More information can be found in my publication list.
- Oct 2019: New grant from DARPA on Distributed Learning and Controller Design for Assured Autonomy.
- Oct 2019: New grant from Sandia National Lab on Incident Detection in Power Distribution Systems.
- Oct 2019: New grant from DHS (PI: Prof Scott Howard) through ALERT Center of Excellence in Explosives Research.
- Sep 2019: Nayara's paper on an options market based approach for increasing renewable participation in the power grid accepted in Transactions on Smart Grid.
- Sep 2019: Donya's paper on using reputation to ensure truthful data submission in a crowd sensing environment accepted in Transactions on Signal Processing.
- Sep 2019: Lanlan's paper on a passivity based approach for control of 2-D systems accepted in Transactions on Automatic Control.
- Aug 2019: Martin passed his qualifiers! Congratulations!
- Aug 2019: Kewei defended successfully! Congratulations!
- July 2019: Nayara attended the boot camp at the UIC summer institute on sustainability and energy.
- July 2019: Soumyadip attended the International HPC Summer School on HPC Challenges in Computational Sciences 2019 in Japan.
- June 2019: We co-organized the workshop on control for networked transportation systems at ACC 19.
- June 2019: We presented three papers at ACC 2019.
- June 2019: New award from ARO to study strategic information revelation in learning enabled multi-agent systems.
- March 2019: Nayara passed her candidacy! Congratulations!
- Jan 2019: Donya successfully defended! Congratulations!!
- Dec 2018: Vijay was awarded the 2018 Antonio Ruberti Young Research Award from the IEEE Control Systems Society.
Last updated: Aug 2019