- Armstrong, Christopher Robert. The emotional culture of the
Gilded-Age Wesleyan holiness movement . (Unpublished Ph.D.
manuscript, Duke University, 2003)
- Balogh , Nóra (2010) A Charles Taylor-per. BA/BSc thesis, BCE Társadalomtudományi Kar, Nemzetközi Tanulmányok Intézet.
- Bakker, C.. Psychology and religion in secular society. M.A. diss., University of Alberta (Canada).
- Bannell, R.I. Reason and politics: an essay on the foundations
of political theory. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, University
of Sussex, 1991)
- Baril, G.. La re-appropriation de sens du benevolat: Une application de l'ethique de l'authenticite de Charles Taylor. M.A. Diss. Universite de Sherbrooke (Canada), 2006.
- Bartlett, Scott Roy. Pluralism, procedure, and participation: A
Deweyan critique of Habermas' discursive democracy. (Unpublished
Ph.D. manuscript, Southern Illinois University of Carbondale, 2000)
- Bennett, Fred. Multicultural citizenship or citizenship in a multicultural
polity. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, University of Ottawa,
- Bick, M.M. The liberal-communitarian debate: a defence of holistic
individualism. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, University of Oxford,
- Blaikie, D. "Hypergoods: Diagnosis, not Ontology". M.A. diss., Concordia University (Canada), 2010.
- Blattberg, C. Putting practices first: from pluralist to patriotic
politics. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, University of Oxford,
- Bowers, Peggy J, Taylor's Practical Reason and Moral Decision
Making Among Journalists, Dissertation: Thesis (Ph.D.): Stanford
- Breckenridge, Andrew Malcolm. The Hallway: Old voices for new direction
in Alberta social studies curriculum. (Unpublished M.Ed. manuscript,
University of Alberta, 2003)
- Brence, Steven Barry. Multiculturalism: The refusal and reconstruction
of recognition. (Frantz Fanon, John Dewey). (Unpublished Ph.D.
manuscript, University of Oregon, 2001)
- Briones Leal, Carlos Matias. A dialogical account of authenticity. PhD. Diss. University of Illinois at Chicago, 2006.
- Brodrick, Robert J. "Ecclesiology in a Secular Age: Ecclesiological Implications of the Work of Charles Taylor and Bernard Lonergan." PhD Dissertation, University of Dayton, 2011.
- Brotton, Joyce D. Illuminating the present through literary dialogism:
From the Reformation through postmodernism. (Unpublished D.A.C.C.E.
manuscript, George Mason University, 2002)
- Brownstein, M. Practical sense and social action. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, The Pennsylvania State University, United States, 2009)
- Burelle, Mathieu, Les Fondements de l'Universalisme Moral dans
la Pensée de Charles Taylor, M.A. Thesis, Université Laval,
- Caldwell, Marc. Between Empiricism and Intellectualism: Charles Taylor's Answer to the 'Media Wars.' (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, Centre for Cultural and Media Studies, at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa, 2008).
- Carson, A.M. Health and social theory. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript,
University of Edinburgh, 1998)
- Charlesworth, S.J. Changes in working class culture in Rotherham.
(Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, University of Cambridge, 1997)
- Chartier, Anne. Etude des jugements moraux d'informaticiens sur
des situations de piratage de logiciels. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript,
Universite Laval, 2003)
- Chenier, Jean-Felix. La pensee de Charles Taylor sur les deux liberalismes
au Canada. (Unpublished M.A. manuscript, Universite Laval, 2000)
- Choi, Naomi Elin. Political Theory after the Interpretive Turn: Charles Taylor on Knowledge, Values, and Politics. (Unpublished Ph D. manuscript, University of California, Berkeley , 2010).
- Chu, T-S. Nicky. The religious and nihilism: a theory of culture
in Benjamin, Gadamer, Levinas, and Charles Taylor. (Unpublished
Ph.D. manuscript, Lancaster University, 1996)
- Clark, M. Participation and the human person: Integrating solidarity and human rights in Catholic social teaching. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, Boston College, 2009)
- Colorado, Carlos. “Charles Taylor and George Grant on the Problem
of Instrumentalism: Expressivism and Justice as Alternative Ontologies.” MA
Thesis, Simon Fraser University, 2006.
- Colorado, Carlos. Transcendence, kenosis and enfleshment: Charles Taylor's religious thought. Ph.D. diss., McMaster University (Canada).
- Condon, Matthew George. Mimetic identities: The rupture of the
other in self-narratives. (Saint Augustine, Jean-Jacques Rousseau,
France, Philip Roth). (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, University of
- Cornelius, I.V. Interpretation and library and information studies
in an information culture. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, University
College, Dublin, 1992)
- Cousins, James Andrew. Charles Taylor and the distinction between
the sciences. (Unpublished M.A. manuscript, Acadia University,
- Day, Matthew C. Narrativity and the Ambiguities of Selfhood: Sigmund
Freud, Charles Taylor, and Contemporary Ethics, M.A. Thesis,
Florida State University, 1996.
- Defoy, Sebastien. Identite, modernite et nationalisme: Le debat
identitaire Canada-Quebec selon Charles Taylor. (Unpublished
M.A. manuscript, University of Ottawa, 2001)
DeGioia, John Joseph. The Moral Theories of Charles Taylor and Alasdair
MacIntyre and the Objective Moral Order, Dissertation: Thesis (Ph.D.):
Georgetown University, 1995.
- Dhamoon, Rita. “Rethinking Culture and Cultural: the Politics of Meaning-Making.” PhD
Thesis, University of British Columbia, 2005.
- Dudrick, David Francis. Problems of the modern self: Reflections
on Rorty, Taylor, Nietzsche, and Foucault. (Unpublished Ph.D.
manuscript, University of Notre Dame, 2000)
- Echart Orus, Maria Nazareth. American Civic Journalism movement
foundations: Conceptual assessment and implications on the professional
practice. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, Universidad de Navarra,
- Elwood, Brent David. Men's moral identity in the context of career:
The case of newly rich, high-technology workers. (Unpublished
Ph.D. manuscript, University of Texas at Austin, 2001)
- Feres, Joao, Jr. A history of the concept of Latin America in the
United States: Misrecognition and social scientific discourse.
(Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, City University of New York, 2003)
- Ferguson, D. Beyond the struggle: Paul Ricoeur's revision of recognition. M.A. diss., University of Calgary (Canada).
- Ferrero, David J. Public schools, public goods: Reintegrating the
liberal and republican traditions for a civic philosophy of education.
(John Rawls, Michael Sandel, Charles Taylor). (Unpublished Ed.D.
manuscript, Harvard University, 2001)
- Finn, Sean Patrick. Being interpreted: Third-person perspectives on the self. M.A. Diss. Queen's University at Kingston (Canada), 2000.
- Flynn, Jeffrey Regan. “Human Rights and Cultural Diversity: Rawls,
Taylor, Habermas.” PhD Thesis, Northwestern University, 2006.
- Fortin, Josee. L'ideal de l'authenticite chez Charles Taylor: Une
redefinition de l'individualisme contemporain. (Unpublished M.A.
manuscript, University of Ottawa, 2001)
- Fox, Russell Arben. Immanent community: Herder, Taylor, and the
moral possibilities of modernity. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript,
Catholic University of America, 2001)
- Friedman, Jeffrey Mark. The politics of communitarianism and the
emptiness of liberalism. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, Yale
- Gagnon, Martin. Trois lectures de "Grandeur et misere de la modernite" de Charles Taylor. M.A. Diss. Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres (Canada), 2005.
- Gibson, A. "What we have yet failed to achieve: A study of Charles Taylor's Canadian social criticism". Ph.D. diss., McGill University (Canada), 2010.
- Goulden, Corina Elke. Mystery and politics. (Unpublished Ph.D.
manuscript, John Hopkins University, 2002)
- Greenway, William N.A. Richard Rorty's revised pragmatism: promise
for and challenge to Christian theology (with special reference to
the philosophy of Charles Taylor), Dissertation: Thesis (Ph. D.):
Princeton Theological Seminary, 1997.
- Grimaldi, Edgardo. La etica de los bienes en Charles Taylor. Dr. Diss. Universidad de Navarra (Spain), 2001.
- Groff, Ruth. Knowledge after the 'fact': Critical realism and the
post-positivist quagmire. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, York
- Gudrian, Waltraud. Le 'je au pluriel': La construction de l'identite
exilique chez Vidiadhar Surajprasad Naipaul et Elias Canetti. (Unpublished
Ph.D. manuscript, Universite de Montreal, 2003)
- Guisan-Dickinson, Catherine Blanche. Lost treasure? An Arendtian
study of the ethical politics of contemporary European integration.
(Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, University of Minnesota, 2000)
- Halley, K.M. From naturalism to hermeneutics: Charles Taylor on
human agency. (Unpublished M.A. manuscript, University College,
- Hanson, R. Self-identity in comparative theology: The functional importance of Charles Taylor's concept of the self for a theology of religions. PhD. Diss. Marquette University, 2008.
- Harrison, Alaina Marie. "Democracy, Difference, and Belonging: Taylor, Kymlicka, Habermas and the challenge of cultural accommodation". M.A. diss., The University of Regina (Canada), 2010.
- Heath, D.M. Charles Taylor as a Christian thinker. (Unpublished
Ph.D. manuscript, University of Edinburgh, 1996)
- Heilman, James. The Effect of Techniques of the Self on Charles Taylor's Conception of Positive Freedom. (Unpublished M.A. manuscript, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, 2008).
- Hewitt, Keith Byron. The opening movements of the 'Phenomenology
of Spirit': Transcendental argument or phenomenological exposition? (Unpublished
M.A. manuscript, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2000)
- Hung, Tsz Wan Andrew, The Idea of Theistic Communitarian Self in Charles Taylor’s Political Philosophy, (Hong Kong Baptist University, 2009).
- Hvidt, Elisabeth Assing. “Meaning-making orientations among Danish cancer patients in rehabilitation: A taylorian perspective.” Inter-Disciplinary.Net, 2011. [Full Article].
- Innes, R.N. Strategies for securing the unity of the self in Augustine
and certain modern psychologists. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript,
Durham University, 1995)
- Jenisch, Jared. The human experience of resistance, difficulty
and aporia: Its yield for thought. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript,
Boston University, 2002)
- Jones, D.W. The performance war machine: poetry, boxing and revolution. (Unpublished
Ph.D. manuscript, University of Wales, Cardiff, 2000)
- Kim, David Kyuman, Melancholic Freedom: the Religious Dimension
of the Contemporary Discourse on Agency: a Thesis, Th.D. Thesis,
Harvard University, 2003.
- Kim, David, Politics and Religion: The Religious Significance
of Charles Taylor and Judith Butler on Agency, Thesis (Th.D.),
Harvard University, 2004.
- Kroeker, Frances Mae. Making a case of state-supported religious
schooling. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, University of Alberta,
- Kumar, P. Ethical liberalism. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript,
University of Southampton, 1996)
- Laitinen, Arto Matti. Strong evaluation without sources: On Charles Taylor's philosophical anthropology and cultural moral realism. Dr.Soc.Sc. Diss. Jyvaskylan Yliopisto (Finland), 2003.
- Landes, Donald Arthur. Heidegger and Wittgenstein in Taylor's semantic
dimension. (Unpublished M.A. manuscript, Dalhousie University,
- Laveau, Veronique . La conception du lien social chez
les communautariens, les libertariens et les liberaux: Analyse du
discours de Charles Taylor, Robert Nozick et John Rawls sur les themes
de communaute, de justice et d'Etat (Unpublished Masters manuscript,
Universite Laval, 2004)
- Laverty, Megan Jane. Narrative and the unity of a life: The ethical
significance of Kant's 'Critique of Judgement'. (Unpublished
Ph.D. manuscript, University of New South Wales, 2000)
- Lax, J. "Morality and civilization". M.A. diss., The University of Regina (Canada), 2010.
- Leitch, D.The politics of understanding: Language as a model of culture. PhD. Diss. University of California, San Diego, 2008.
- Lewis, S.J. The terms of liberty: freedom, autonomy, and liberal
theory. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, University of Oxford,
- Long, J.C. Spiritual education in an educational context. (Unpublished
Ph.D. manuscript, University of Oxford, 1998)
- Lynerd, Benjamin Thomas, “Evangelicals and the Modern Self, with a Critique of Abolitionism”, PhD. Diss. The University of Chicago, December 2009.
- Lyshaug, Brenda Lee. The quest for authenticity: The misadventures
of the self in modern political thought. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript,
Princeton University, 2000)
- Madathikunnel, Sabu George. An assessment of modern self, the moral sources and the collective connective nature of religion in the writings of Charles Taylor. Diss. lic. (M.A.), K.U.Leuven. Hoger instituut voor wijsbegeerte, 2007.
- -----------. Charles Taylor and the theory of secularization with a reference to Löwith and Blumenberg. Diss. MPhil, K.U.Leuven. Hoger instituut voor wijsbegeerte, 2008.
- McLean, Alex, Moral and Metaphysical Freedom: a Study Based on
the Thought of Charles Taylor and Schubert Ogden, Dissertation:
Thesis (Ph. D.): University of Chicago, 1993
- Meynell, Robert. “Canadian Idealism: Forgotten, Not Lost.” PhD Thesis,
University of Ottawa, Canada, 2005.
- Miller, D.. A conception of self-formation grounded in the work of Charles Taylor, Alasdair MacIntyre, and David L. Norton. PhD. Diss. Florida Atlantic University, 2007.
- Miller, L.. Theorizing religion, constitutionalizing religion: Taylor, Connolly, Habermas, and the U.S. Supreme Court. (Unpublished Ph.D. manuscript, New School University, 2010)
- Morita, Ahiko, March 2006, Ph.D dissertation, Waseda University “Charles
Taylor and the theory of the subject of rights – Study on the SELF
as the subject of rights in the modern multi-cultural society” [English
translation of Japanese title]
- Mozumder, Mohammad Golam Nabi. “Interrogating Post-Secularism: Jürgen Habermas, Charles Taylor, and Talal Asad.” Master’s Thesis, University of Pittsburgh, 2011.
- Olearnik, P. Beyond exclusive humanism. Ph.D. diss., Georgetown University.
- Ouellet, Marleau. “La Theorie de la Participation chez Charles Taylor:
Formulation et Application.” PhD Thesis, University of Ottawa, Canada,
- O'Flynn, Ian John. The philosophical basis of deliberative democracy. PhD. Diss. Queen's University of Belfast (United Kingdom), 2002.
- Parachoniak, Bryan Lorin. The otherness of I: Narrative, pedagogical being and fulfillment. M.A. Diss. McGill University (Canada), 2005.
- Perreau-Saussine, A. Finnis's natural law theory. (Unpublished
Ph.D. manuscript, Cambridge University, 2003)
- Plants, Nicholas R. From the Disengaged Subject to the Subject as Subject in Taylor and Lonergan. Saint Louis University, 2000
- Przekupowski, David M.. Dialogical authenticity: Kierkegaard, Heidegger, and the quest for authentic identity. PhD. Diss. University of South Carolina, 2005.
- Ravignat, Mathieu G., Charles Fourier and Charles Taylor: Romantic
Expressivism and the Socialist Philosophy of Labour, M.A. Thesis,
University of Ottawa, 2000.
- Renahan, A.. Towards a transcendent good Charles Taylor and the challenge of articulating a postmodern moral identity. M.A. diss., Concordia University (Canada).
- Rice, Christopher, 2008, "Articulation and Historicity: Taylor's Sources of the Self in the Light of Heidegger's Being and Time" University of Sussex. MA.
- Roemer, T. Standing at the crossroads: Identity and recognition of the Applied Science Technologist in British Columbia. (Unpublished Ed.D. dissertation, Simon Fraser University, Canada, 2008).
- Rondel, David. The possibility of irony: Richard Rorty's liberal
ironist and the phenomenology of the self (Charles Taylor) .
(Unpublished Masters manuscript, Concordia University, 2004)
- Saito, Shuichi, On Charles Taylor's Hermeneutic Science,
M.L.A. Thesis, University of South Florida, 2000.
- Semko, Jesse Joseph Paul, Isaiah Berlin and Charles Taylor on Johann Gottfried Herder: A Comparative Study.
Masters Thesis, Department of Political Studies, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, September 2004.
- Sherman, Edward David. Reforming the Self: Charles Taylor and
the Ethics of Authenticity, M.A. Thesis, Written for the Faculty
of Religious Studies, 2001.
- Sinclair, Carolyn. Aller vers l'autre voyager vers soi: Poesie
et identite dans l'oeuvre de Robert Dickson . (Unpublished Masters
manuscript, Laurentian University of Sudbury, 2004)
- Smith, Karl E. Perennial Questions, Contemporary Responses: Exploring Meaning, Subjectivity and Society with Cornelius Castoriadis and Charles Taylor, PhD Thesis, La Trobe University, 2007
- Sozek, J. After rationalism: The moral and religious implications of Taylor's and Rorty's epistemological critiques. M.A. Diss. McGill University (Canada), 2006.
- Subianto Bunjamin, Antonius. The Good Self: Towards the Ethics of Authenticity in the Perspective of Charles Taylor. 2007. Faculty of philosophy at Pontificia Università Lateranense, Rome, Italy
- Svetelj, Tone. "Rereading Modernity---Charles Taylor on its Genesis and Prospects." Ph.D., Boston College, 2012.
- Tambornino, John Thomas. The corporeal turn: Affect, embodiment and necessity in political theory. PhD. Diss. The Johns Hopkins University, 2000.
- Tchir, Trevor, Reason and Language in Charles Taylor, M.A.
Thesis, University of Ottawa, 2003.
- Tremblay, Francine. L'individu dans la modernite: Georges Herbert Mead, Charles Taylor et Alain Touraine. M.A. Diss. Concordia University (Canada), 2001.
- Venegoni, Charles L. Charles Taylor and education: Philosophy, policy, practice. PhD. Diss. Loyola University of Chicago, 2000.
- Wood, David K., Reason, Self, and the Good in the Philosophies
of Charles Taylor and Jürgen Habermas, Dissertation: Thesis
(Ph.D): Drew University, 2000.
- Yeuk-Shing, Mok, Hermeneutic Openness and Reflective Evaluation
in the Philosophy of Charles Taylor, Dissertation: Thesis (Ph.D):
University of Queensland, 2003.
- Zbicki, Valerie Hope, Allen Buchanan's Critique of a Radical Communitarian,
M.A. Thesis, Bowling Green State University, 1992.
- Zhang, Minghao, Quan Shi, dui ren de li jie yu chuan tong de he
li xing [Interpretation, Understanding of Human Beings and the Rationality
of Traditions], Dissertation: Thesis (Ph.D.): Lun wen (zhe xue
shuo shi), 2001.
- Zieba, Alexander Jozef. Epistemic communities and political society. PhD. Diss. Queen's University at Kingston (Canada), 2001.
Back To Top