- The National Academies (2006) "Project: Confidentiality Issues Arising from the Integration of Remotely Sensed and Self-Identifyng Data", www8.nationalacademies.org/cp/projectview.aspx?key=HDGC-I-03-01-A
- F. Darema, "Grid computing: the context of dynamic data driven applications systems," Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 93, pp. 692-697, 2005.
- Armstrong, M.P and Ruggles, A. (2005) Geographic information technologies and personal privacy. Cartographica, 40(4):63-73
- I. Foster, "Service Oriented Science," Science, vol. 308, pp. 814-817, 2005
- Tatomir, B. and Rothkrantz, L. (2005). Crisis management using mobile ad-hoc wireless networks. In Proceedings of the Second International ISCRAM Conference. Thomas et al., 2005] Thomas, M., Andoh-Baidoo, F.,
and George, S. (2005). Evresponse - moving beyond traditional emergency response notification. In Proceedings of the Eleventh Americas Conference on Information Systems
- Wood, M. (2005). Cellalert, for government-to-citizen mass communications in emergencies. In Proceedings of the Second International ISCRAM Conference
- Zimmermann, H. (2005). Recent developments in emergency telecommunications. In Proceedings of the Second International ISCRAM Conference
- F. Darema, "Dynamic Data Driven Application Systems: A New Paradigm for Application Simulations and Measurements," presented at ICCS'04, Krakow, Poland, 2004.
- K. Pingali, Stodgill, P., "O'SOAP - A Web Services Framework for DDDAS Application," in International Conference on Computational Science. Krakow, Poland: Springer, 2004
- P. Chew, Chrisochoides, N., Gopalsamy, S., Heber, G., Ingraffea, T., Luke, E., Neto, J., Pingali, K., Shih, A., Soni, B., Stodghill, P., Thompson, D., Vavsis, S., Wawrzynek, P., "Computational Science
Simulations based on Web Services," in International Conference on Computational Science. Melbourne, Australia: Springer, 2003.
- M. P. Papazoglou, Georgakopoulos, D., "Service Oriented Computing," Communications of the ACM, vol. 46, pp. 24-28, 2003
- Armstrong, M.P. (2002) Geographic information technologies and their potentially erosive effects on personal privacy. Studies in the Social Sciences, 27 (1): 19-28 (pdf) (Notes: GIS privacy, cellular telephones, location-based services)
- NSF Blue Ribbon Panel Report on Simulation-Based Engineering Science, February 2006
- NSF Official DDDAS home page
- DDDAS.org home page
- CTIA - Wireless Association
- CTIA - Homeland Security
- CTIA - Wireless Resources
- Gail Hinchion Mancini, "Cell phone signals could provide bird's-eye view of crises and emergency response", News & Information, University of Notre Dame, http://newsinfo.nd.edu/content.cfm?topicid=22346
- R. Singel, "U.S. Cell-Phone Tracking Clipped," Wired News, http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,69390,00.html, 2005
- G. Gross, "FCC head: Hurricane shows need for redundant telecom," in InfoWorld, http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/09/22/HNkatrinafcc_1.html?source=NLC-TB
2005-09-23, September 22, 2005
- Clothier, J. (2005). Dutch trial sms disaster alert system. http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/11/09/dutch.disaster.warning/index.html.
- Metz, R. (2005). Saving the world with cell phones. http://www.wired.com/news/wireless/0,1382,68485,00.html
- Ratti, C. and et al (2005). Senseable city project. http://senseable.mit.edu/projects/graz/
- M. Richtel, "Live Tracking of Mobile Phones Prompts Court Fights on Privacy," in The New York Times, Late - Final ed. New York, December 10, 2005, pp. 1
- Dan Nystedt, "U.S. marks new cell phone record in 2005", InfoWorld, April 07, 2006, http://ww6.infoworld.com/products/print_friendly.jsp?link=/article/06/04/07/77227
- Boyd, Clark, "London subway bombing: How British telecommunications companies collect and retain data, and whether they will be forced to change in the wake of the attacks", Technology Podcast 32 - The
World, BBC News, July 13, 2005, www.theworld.org/technology/podcasts.shtml, (mp3)
(Notes: 4.2 million closed circuit surveillance TVs in the UK, discussion of civil liberties, privacy, telecom cell phone records)
- Flatow, Ira, "Planning for Future Disasters", Science Friday, September 16, 2005, www.sciencefriday.com/pages/2005/Sep/hour1_091605.html, (mp3)
(Notes: disaster planning, earthquakes, disaster response, terrorist attacks)
- DDDAS-Sino Meeting
- ICCS 2007
The material presented at this web site is based in part upon work supported by the National Science Foundation, the DDDAS Program, under Grant No. CNS-050348.
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions
or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.