Student organizations/clubs and University residence facilities are required to fill out a SAOnline request before ordering and/or purchasing items for distribution or resale (e.g., favors, T-shirts). The product must be purchased from an approved licensed vendor of the University who has been given the right to produce merchandise ordered by student groups. Click for a list of licensed vendors. NOTE: If reprinting an item that has been approved, a new SAOnline request is needed.
As long as you follow these guidelines, you can imprint your group’s name and logo, the ND name and logo, and the name and logo of other businesses or organizations.
- Decide what you want to imprint. The sky’s the limit! Here are some popular items:
- Pens and Pencils
- Hats and other accessories
- CDs (mostly our performing arts groups)
- Choose a vendor. Only certain vendors are allowed to imprint ND logos and trademarks. Those listed here are verified and provide special deals to student groups.
- Design the item. Your vendor can help you with this, or you can do it yourself.
- Make sure not to alter the ND logos or trademarks. And don’t forget your group’s name! That will be necessary as well.
- Complete the SAOnline Imprinting Merchandise Module. If selling the item (even for cost), also complete the Fundraising Module.
- You will need a PDF of your design to upload to SAOnline. If you don’t have one, email what you do have to David Mattingly
- If you included another business or organization’s name and/or logo, send the approvals to use the name/logo to Brian as well. If you are requesting their sponsorship of your event, make sure to fill out the Solicitation module of SAOnline before requesting support and using the logo.
- Check in on the SAOnline request. Once fully approved, let your vendor know it’s time to print!
- Follow up with Deb Acrey to make sure your vendor is paid for the items. She will take care of this for you – just have the vendor send her the invoice.
Give yourself at least 6 weeks for the first five steps, from start to merchandise in hand. This is just an estimate, though! If you need help with design, or need to have your group approve every aspect, it will take a bit longer. Failure to respond to comments on SAOnline could also delay your merchandise.
- Athletic clubs – continue to work with Dave Brown on any items that are for competition use.
- Performing Arts clubs – if recording a CD, your timeline will look different, and may take longer. Contact
David Mattingly (grad clubs), SAO (undergraduate clubs) or Katelyn Mendoza (halls) immediately to begin work on approval.
- If you are providing original music to a recording (i.e. CD), there is also a waiver. Please indicate this on the SAOnline request, and a waiver will be provided via email.